Phone App - Text Reply while on phone

Chief Wahoo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have posted a similar request in the Apps section, but didn't get much play, so hope someone would be interested in trying to develop something like this.

On my LG Dare, if I was on a call (say a conference call), and I received another call, a dialog box would pop up and give me the option of responding to the caller with a set message or a custom message (e.g., "Call you later, I am on a call".

THere is an application on the Market PhonePlus Callback (Appmaniax) that does this, but it does not work on the Droid and although they would like to help, they are very active on other applications and not able to spend time perfecting this on the Droid.

Can it be done? Does the Android OS allow this interactivity between a live call and the texting application directly.

I know I can go through the hassle of opening up Handcent, finding the contact that just called, typing a message and hitting send, but doing this from the phone application is what I am looking for? Any one have interest in developing an app like this?

I would pay for this and think it should be part of the standard phone! But then again, what do I know? :)