phone app freezing on incoming calls etc (possible solution)

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by JEFFSGTP, Sep 29, 2011.

1. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

For the longest time I have been fighting with my phone app freezing up on incoming calls, sometimes to the point of rebooting the phone. Also was giving me issues hanging up (i couldn't hardly, usually had to wait for the other person to hang up). I had tried everything I could think of: Soft reset, hard reset, wipe reinstall, downloading of all the programs direct from market vs restore, everything...the problem had been evident in at least the last 4 builds of chevy's rom for me...I was about ready to post and ask chevy if it could possibly be his rom, but before I did that, I wanted to search in-depth....I spent about 2hrs google'ing and scouring over every forum it pulled up in regards to the issue and finally found this:

INFO LOCATED:
    BUG? Voicemail button does not call Google Voice mailbox after power cycle - Android Help

Hope it helps someone else, I know it fixed my problem!
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. rck76

rck76 DF Super Moderator Premium Member

Try installing a medium voltage kernel, make sure compcache is off, and set your CPU above 125 MHz (at least 250).

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  3. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

1st, thanks for the added input, it is appreciated...I know I am running a Med Volt kernel because my phone doesn't like the low volt ones and my lower end cpu setting has always been at least 250 (atually tried 550 for a while troubleshooting this issue with no improvement). But, I haven't checked the compcache...if it gives me problems again, i can certainly try that, but the above DID fix my problem. I really think it's an issue with GV fighting with the phone app, if everything isn't set just so. which is something Google needs to fix as it's REALLY annoying...I shouldn't have to do all the above steps to make sure I can use my phone to make phone calls.
  4. rck76

Alright, so it is working at the moment? If you're running SS 5.5 compcache is enabled by default. Maybe Chevy needs to change this so it's disabled by default.

5. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

For me, yes, the above did actually fix my issues and if compcache is enabled by default, then it's still enabled because I haven't touched it on my phone. Is that what you were asking?
  6. rck76

Yeah, I know you haven't messed with it yet by your previous post. Just letting you know compcache can cause alot of problems and should be disabled and in SS 5.6 I think Chevy should disable it by default and let the users decide whether they want to use it or not. Hint, hint, hint for Chevy if you read this.

7. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

Ah, ok, gotcha...just mis-understood you...my brain is mush right now....been studying for TCLEOSE Licensing Exam (Texas Peace Officer) for past 8mo, Test is this coming Thursday so I am reviewing my butt off over everything we have learned in the Academy the last 8mo...want to keep my valedictorian spot in the class :biggrin:...I know, I know,:work1::p
  8. rck76

Good luck with that, I hope you do well :)

9. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Compcache works well for me. SS5.5 is running perfect

10. rck76

I never had good luck with compcache, just causes slow downs and freeze ups for me and other people as well (not everyone, obviously). What percentage are you using? 18% is the default.

11. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Yea I'm at 18. One of the things that helps a lot is rebooting daily and I also use a cache cleaner

12. rck76

There are people out there that flash roms and don't even know what compcache is. It's good that it works for you but I'm just saying alot of problems may or may not be caused by compcache being enabled. Like a data/cache wipe when flashing a new rom or build, I think having compcache disabled by default would be a good starting ground. I'm not saying take the option away all together, just let the users who know what it is decide if they want to use it or not.

13. JEFFSGTP

JEFFSGTP New Member

well, I turned it off, just in case...

Oh and RK76 - Thanks, appreciate it.

..It appears I still have the issue with hanging up taking forever, (even with compcache turned off and a reboot), but the other problems have not resurfaced...I can live with it taking a few seconds to hang up, but the not being able to answer a call, just didn't work.
  14. rck76

Something I posted many times before and it might be worth a shot. Wipe data/cache in recovery, reflash rom, but before logging into your Google account, disable the backup and restore options in privacy settings.

Search tags for this page
android freezes on phone calls
android freezes up during incoming call
android hang incoming call
android hangs during incoming call
android phone stuck at incoming call
android stuck while getting incoming call
fix nexus one freezing when answering call
freezing ophone call
how to freeze phone calls android
incomin call freezes android