Phone app? Also, return to app drawer? Google Talk pop-up?

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Sabby, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Sabby

Sabby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I apologize if this has been covered. I did search the forums but I wasn't able to discover a similar topic. I just got my Moto Droid on Friday and I am trying to customize it to fit me.

There are a couple of things I can't seem to figure out.

1. Are there any apps that modify the actual phone? I don't really like the stock functionality. However, I will admit I am not sure what I like. I am used to the Blackberry but I can't say I liked it, either. I'm sorry I am difficult here.

2. I don't like when I am in the app drawer, I pull up an app and then close it, the Droid returns to the Home screen. Or if I hit the back arrow/return soft key it does the same. I would like it to return to where I was last...whether that's the Home Screen, the app drawer, whatever. Is there a setting for that? Or an app? Something?

3. I am a big Google Talk user. I love how HandcentSMS has popups. Is there someway to get Google Talk (or Hi Yahoo) to do the same?

Thanks!

FYI: I am using Home++, in case that means anything.

2. hubdroid

hubdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like a phone app that gives the ability to turn off phone function. I've been interrupted several times while using video recorder as well as games (was going to break my Homerun Battle record until call interupted game and then struck out). Very aggrevating.

3. cisco0910

cisco0910 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Airplane mode!

4. cisco0910

cisco0910 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Not ignoring your post, i just don't have answers. I use gtalk on occasion myself and would like a popup...

5. hubdroid

hubdroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thanks, guess I never thought about that...

6. dbronstein

dbronstein Member

Ratings:
    +1
    My gripe with the phone app is that I would like to have it display the keypad by default. I think it's poor design that you have to press a button to display it. It's not like it's doing anything useful with the screen at the start of a call, it just shows the caller info and a huge icon.

7. Sabby

Sabby New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies.

dbronstein, that's one of my major problems with the phone app. I would like it to perform so that when I hit the phone icon I get the keypad, with a contacts button on the bottom right and a call history button on the bottom left (or vice versa...I want access to them on the keypad).

But I want the keypad to be what comes up. Or, at the very least, for those who mostly just call people from either their contacts or their call history they should have an option in phone settings so that you can set which phone screen comes up.

I want the keypad with buttons to access contacts, voicemail (already there), and call history.

I also want the OS to return me to the last thing I was doing and not necessarily the Home screen (ie, return me to the app drawer if that's where I was when I accessed the app).

That's my wish list....

Search tags for this page

how to get pops on phone app