Phone and Tablet List Known to be Getting Updates to Jelly Bean

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
jb-new-logo.png

We thought it might be handy for you guys to have a list of all the devices that are currently known to be getting the Android 4.1/Jelly Bean update, from various manufacturers. This list may not be all-inclusive, so if you get more info, add it to this thread. We will keep a running tally, and update things as they change. No specific dates have been given on any of these right now, but we can update that too as more info arises. Enjoy!

Samsung
  • Galaxy S3
  • Galaxy S2
  • Galaxy Note
  • Samsung Nexus S
  • Galaxy Nexus
  • Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 series will probably get Android 4.1, but there is no official confirmation of that

HTC - No specific dates given and these phones were not specifically mentioned, but HTC said they are working on Jelly Bean currently, and these phones are the most likely to get it first
  • HTC One X
  • HTC One XL
  • HTC One S

Sony
  • Most of the entire Xperia 2012 lineup - Including Xperia S, Xperia P and Xperia Neo etc
  • Maybe some of their 2011 Xperia lineup - they announced that they are "investigating" it

Motorola
  • Motorola is currently updating Xoom tablets
  • Razr Series
  • Atrix 2 (likely but unconfirmed)

LG - No info at this time other than rumors
  • LG Optimus 4X HD rumored to get Android 4.1 in the first months of 2013

Asus
  • Transformer Prime TF 201 (soon)
  • Transformer TF101
  • Transformer Pad Infinity

Acer
  • Iconia tablets Officially announced, but not which models

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Don't forget the TF300 under ASUS.

ExodusC

Reaction score
Pretty awesome that Samsung intends to update not only the S3, but the S2 to JB. They seem to do a good job eventually putting out updates, even if it takes forever.

I'm honestly surprised Motorola is updating the RAZR series to JB- they're notorious for abandoning phones.

Sony also does a good job with their upgrades- if some of the 2011 line gets JB, that would be awesome. I'm a bit sad they had to abandon the Xperia Play on Gingerbread, but I can understand that, I guess. They prioritized the gaming experience first, which on both their beta ICS ROM and the aftermarket ROMs like CM9, it's clear gaming performance and compatibility took a hit. Not to mention the thing has something like 512MB of internal memory for both the OS and applications.

HTC... HTC is slipping. The Rezound JUST got ICS yesterday. I think they owe it to their Rezound adopters to push out a JB upgrade, but they're withdrawing from markets, and their revenue predictions for the future have looked grim.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I'm surprised Razr was on the list too! Very cool! Of course, my tablet (Toshiba Thrive) is not on there but they haven't even gone from HC to ICS yet. I love my tablet. It might as well be a laptop but it seems that Toshiba has dropped the ball on it.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see RAZR on the list, but no mention of Bionic. I am going to be VERY angry if Bionic doesn't get JB, as it would be somewhat trivial to port the RAZR version over. Of course, they haven't even given us ICS officially yet, and "early Q3 2012" is over by most people's definition of the term.

Droidram56

Reaction score
I would think that the specs for the Bionic are plenty robust enough to handle Jelly Bean if the Razr can. Moto needs to start supporting the Bionic better.

A10boy

Reaction score
ICS was nice but sure would be cool to get jelly bean for my Razr!! Yum yum!!

My Razr wants Jelly Bean!!

anewton

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Meanwhile, my Droid 4 still doesn't have ICS. I read here that it would be by this summer (which is almost over). Anyone have any news on this?

Escobar

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us Rezound owners, HTC's best Verizon phone and really best HTC device not part of the One series probably won't get jelly bean. Verizon and HTC hate this phone.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Hey DG, just curious...where did the info for these phones/tabs come from? Was it a compilation of the various manufacturers' websites, or else-wise? I am most curious (as you would expect) regarding the RAZRs.

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
And if the razrs getting it think the razrs ugly red headed step brother will get it?

sent from my leaked ics bionic using tapatalk 2

FyrJammer

Reaction score
My Razr wants Jelly Bean!!

I had the Bionic, then finally got the Razr Maxx. Updated to ICS then rooted. It would be kick a$$ if Razr got the JB. Just being on the list is pretty promising. I gave up the Bionic because there was slow love just for the ICS. I'm not seeing it getting JB.
Well here's to hoping to get JB for the Razr :beer2:

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I think the D4 and Bionic should be updated to 4.1 because their specs are nearly identical to the razr

Sent from my DROID2 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2