Philz Touch Recovery Now Available For The HTC One M8

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
image1resize.png

If you love to customize your device with Roms and themes it would only stand to reason that you would want to do the same with your custom recovery. There is really no option to customize Clock Work Mod or Team Win Recovery Poject. I guess this is what prompted developer ""phil3759" to create the Philz Touch recovery. His recovery is based on CWM and it functions the same. You get a full touch controlled UI and you are able to choose a different background for your recovery. There are several Graphical User Interfaces to choose from including full touch. The GUI is completely customizable. You can change the menu height. This comes in handy if your vision is poor or you need bigger lettering. You can change the menu text color. You can change the menu and header color, as well as menu highlight color. You can toggle the background icon off an on. There are really too many options to list here. Head to the source link for the download and more info.

via XDA

drumdestroyer

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Twrp is fully themeable as well. The themes have to be flashed or placed in the twrp folder so it may be easier to theme this one. But i just thought i would point that out. Ive made a couple twrp themes myself.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
The ability to change the font sizes are awesome

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
I've been using Philz on my M8 for a couple weeks now. Whats different now? Ohhh, this appears to be for the Verizon variant. Never mind.