PHEW! That Was A Close One! Legacy Unlimited Plans Unaffected By Verizon Price Hike!

cynkrzy

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Welcome to Big Red, Bend Over,Grab Your Ankles, Kiss Your Ca$h Goodbye

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I get paperless billing and don't remember seeing an email. But it's just as likely I deleted it without reading, which is what I do with most VZW emails since it's usually just promotions and offers.
This is me exactly.
Even though it just showed up on my bill last week, it didn't bother me since it's been all over the internet the past couple months on every tech forum and in the tech section on all the news sites. Unless you don't go online that often, most folks have known this was coming for at least a month or two now.

S5 tap'n

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
I just got my bill last Monday and am PISSED. Less than a week's notice that they are going to bill me more? How is it legal for them to provide notice in a bill that your rates are going to increase mid billing cycle?

A Verizon rep said an email was sent out toward the end of October. I'm sorry, but how is an email considered legal notice, when I specifically opted to keep getting paper bills?

The bill with the notice is your 30 day notice. You pay for what you used the last month so your next bill will probably be the same and the one after that will have the increase =60 days.

Reactions: cr6

mikeinctown

Reaction score
The bill with the notice is your 30 day notice. You pay for what you used the last month so your next bill will probably be the same and the one after that will have the increase =60 days.

That doesn't make any sense when compared with what the notice says. The bill says starting the 15th, the price is going up. This is halfway through the current month contract period. The notice wasn't on the bill on my October 4th billing, it was on the November 4th bill, which I didn't get until several days after.

I actually only found out because of the notice they placed on the web site when I logged in to pay my bill. I then opened the paper bill and saw the notice there as well. So then I went back to my previous bill and there was no notice. So according to VZW, a one week notice is sufficient to start billing me more.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
I'm willing to bet if you call customer service and explain to them exactly what you've told us, they'll comp you another month.

S5 tap'n

sst45jeff

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo
That doesn't make any sense when compared with what the notice says. The bill says starting the 15th, the price is going up. This is halfway through the current month contract period. The notice wasn't on the bill on my October 4th billing, it was on the November 4th bill, which I didn't get until several days after.

I actually only found out because of the notice they placed on the web site when I logged in to pay my bill. I then opened the paper bill and saw the notice there as well. So then I went back to my previous bill and there was no notice. So according to VZW, a one week notice is sufficient to start billing me more.

Here is a quote from the CNN article on it.
"Verizon customers will see the increase starting on monthly bills that arrive on Nov. 15 or later."

comk4ver

Reaction score
anyone have an UDP upgrade that want to trade LG V10s? PM me I'm in the LA/Orange county area.. Best Buy is selling them for $50 bucks!