1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

phantom skinz or invizishield?

Discussion in 'Android Accessories' started by knockoutpbn, Nov 7, 2009.

1. knockoutpbn

knockoutpbn New Member

i really only do full body coverage on all my phones. but i thought id give something different a try. how do the two compare? i loved all my invisishields because i could take a knife or car keys or what ever and cratch it and nothing would happen. but i did notice the phantom skinz covers more. what should i do:(
  2. cereal killer

cereal killer Administrator Staff Member

I don't know if I can help you with what you're looking for but I can offer you another alternative with a product called Ghost ARmor . I hear it is an even better product because it really is invisable and has a lifetime guarantee. It is full body coverage as well. I know quite afew people swear by it over those 2 other products.

Sorry I'm not able to help you much but thought id just put it out there.
  3. laterr

laterr New Member

I have invisible shield on my voyager and I ordered the phantom skinz for my droid. I like how phantom skinz gives you a 2 for 1 deal but I'll have to wait until it gets here to give my opinion.
  4. bcg33478

bcg33478 New Member

The InvisiShield by Zagg also has a lifetime guarantee and does come in a full body kit. I've use IS on my previous phone and it works great protecting the screens. I will get the full body kit for my Droid.
  5. jaysonstaurt

jaysonstaurt New Member

I have ghost armor on my screen and so far it's great. Doesn't effect the display or the sensitivity of the screen at all. But I've also heard the screen on this phone is very durable and a screen protector isn't really needed.
  6. waldo5610

waldo5610 New Member

The lens is perfect and feels great. Why would you want to ruin it with a screen protector. Big difference between DROID and iPhone here....one wipe with a cloth or even your hand (if you wipe the oils off on your shirt) will make it virtually spotless! The only time you need to use your steamy breath on the screen is when you are using a fun application called "Steamy Window"

Check out the video posted here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-accessories/1842-scratch-protector-really-needed.html

He abuses his own DROID with a really sharp key. The only thing he got was the housing paint. oops....
  7. Tumaz04

Tumaz04 New Member

+1 for PS. Had it on my Storm 1 works wonders.
  8. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

full body Invisible Shield here. Provides an crazy amount of grip and it beats having a bulk case. It's protected, has a nice shine to it now (alot of people don't like it) and doesn't compromise the sleek look of the phone like cases do.
  9. 350-Jason

350-Jason New Member

pictures? How hard was the install?
  10. foolie

foolie New Member

I love the overall metallic and matte feel of the phone so full body is out of the question.
    ZAGG just sent me a replacement skin today for the screen, slapped it on and now to let it sit for the next 12 hrs. I'll upload pictures tomorrow
  11. soba1

soba1 New Member

I have invisishield full body it doesn't completely cover the phone but it is better than nothing I had it installed at the mall kiosk. The right and the left of the screen housing aren't covered but the top and bottom are.
  12. ScottDroid

ScottDroid New Member

Phantom SKinz

Hard to beat Phantom Skinz, went ahead and ordered for my droid earlier in the week.

Most of the other brands I have had and not like as well either due to feel, orange peel effect or just didnt hold up over time.

Did have Ghost armor on my iphone and it would be my second choice. Had Invisishield on my storm and not a big fan of it.

I will post pics of Phantom Skinz installed when it arrives if possible.
  13. xliderider

xliderider New Member

IS has the "orange peel" look to it when viewed off-angle, it also has a slightly tacky feel to it. Not the best for a touchscreen when swiping is involved, IMO.
  14. ScottDroid

ScottDroid New Member

Just got my Phantom Skinz

PS arrived today and let me be the first to say the sharp lines of the droid makes applying not very fun.

Will update after it dries,
  15. Tumaz04

Tumaz04 New Member

Yea I hear ya. I had PS on my Storm 1 and the edges were hard to apply....after a year, I just took everything off the back and bought an Incipio feather case.
  16. Empyreal

Empyreal New Member

Has anyone tried Clear Armor by Case Mate? Their full body coverage looks better than Invisible Shield's.
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2009
  17. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Looks like the same amount of parts to me. I doubt they go all the way to the edges of the phone, otherwise it's too hard to install.

Got my Invisible Shield and am completely happy with it.
  18. unix.punkx

unix.punkx New Member

ive had great success with the ZAGG invisibleshield on the iDont. i dont know how i feel about geting a full body on the droid (i love the rubberdized back) but definitely one for the front
  19. ryanm

ryanm New Member

the IS is nice but its literally at least 14 pieces and it doesnt cover any corner. Not sure how the others work but I'm tempted to cut the scraps up and put them on the corners.

Also I like(d) the shiny look, but now every little finger print of fiber/hair on it stands out.

I always tear of any sticker or plastic on my new phone so it'll be tempting me...hopefully it holds up. I found a 25% offcoupon online and it worked so 20 shipped.
    Both IS and PS have lifetime warranty.
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  20. The HITMAN

The HITMAN New Member

PhantomSkinz screen protector installed today. It is totally PHANTOM like and I don't notice it on my screen AT ALL. Screen protector install was easy with the PhantomSkinz but I could imagine the full body install being a lot more time consuming and involved.

For screen protector only, the PhantomSkinz cannot be beat. It does well with warding off oils, smudges, and fingerprints and doesn't effect the sensitivity of the screen AT ALL.
Search tags for this page
ghost armor vs phantom skinz
invizishield
phantom skinz
phantom skinz dna review

phantom skinz review

phantom skinz reviews
phantom skinz vs invisible shield
phantomskinz review
phantomskinz reviews
phantomskiz review