Phantom movements

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kirwal, Jun 7, 2011.

1. kirwal

kirwal New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    HELP! I have a user and he says that his phone was acting as if someone was looking through his phone.
    Certain documents would get bigger and then smaller and the arrow was moving over phone numbers and trying to dial them.
    He wants to know if you know of any virus that might be going around or is someone trying to hack into his phone?

2. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    there was recently a malware found to supposedly do just this. ask if he has been downloading apps from third parties such as chinese websites and such. if not then it may be as simple as water damage to the digitizer.

3. moset

moset Member

Ratings:
    +15
    Had a similar problem with my D1. Bad screen/ digitizer. Got a replacement.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. shorty6pac

shorty6pac New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually just replaced my digitizer yesterday after having the phantom movement problem. There are some youtube videos online that help you take apart your droid to get it done. The videos do not show how to put it back together but i just played different parts back when i had any problems putting it back together. The results are pretty good, the touch screen works as normal now, but the right side of the screen has some issues with the "home" and "back" buttons so I may just take it apart again and refit everything just to make sure im getting good contacts. If you choose to replace the digitizer just know you will need a T5 torx driver, some sort of pry tool, preferably plastic, and a small philips head screwdriver, possibly one of those eyeglasses type screwdrivers.

Search tags for this page
phantom movements on my phone

root motorola phantom