Phantom emails won't delete

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
I have three emails from January that wont delete on my Motorola Droid.

I can mark them and press Delete and it shows "Messages Deleted" but they are still there.
The same thing happens if I long press on one of the three email messages and choose delete.

If I mark them and choose either "Add star" or "Mark Read" the email application crashes with an error:

"The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

My email app is tied to Gmail.

My Gmail app does not show these three phantom emails, nor does Gmail when viewed from a PC.

I have force closed the app, reboot the phone, removed the battery, still shows those three.

If I try to click on one of the three emails, trying to open it, either the screen wipes to the left then back to the right, or nothing happens at all. Either case the email never opens.

Any ideas?

Vitticeps

Reaction score
I don't have a fix for you but I'm curious, why are you using the email app to access a gmail account? I assume you have a reason but I can't seem to think of a good one. :)

(or I misunderstood your post)

OP
R

ROCNDAV

Reaction score
I set it up that way the first day I had it, and really never thought about it.

I do use the gmail app more than the email app.

I guess I'll just remove the gmail settings from the email app, and use it to view my yahoo mail once OS ver 2.1 is released.

gideeup

Reaction score
I am also having this issue and my wife also, where our cox.net has an email that won't delete. Mine is fom American Golf Foundation, about Northern Trust Open tickets. I can't open it, I can't hit my options and delete it and I can't delete by the long press.

hayesjef

Reaction score
I had the same problem with my Comcast email account. I fixed the problem by removing the account from my phone and re-adding it. Once i did this, it pulled the emails back, and the "phantom email" was gone. Everything is working great. Hope this helps.