PEv6.5_TruBlue_HoneyGingerComb

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Mbk, Jul 23, 2011.

1. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm loving this theme so far, but I have a big problem. Even with the patch/add-on the letters are still too dark against the grey background. They appear a bit better at the brightest level, but that drains my battery too much.

I'm most likely missing something - perhaps a setting or config to change/lighten the font colors? I looked everywhere but couldn't find anything.

2. craigwfla

craigwfla New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll have a try.

3. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    @ Captain Crypto, I will liklely make a MM.zip that will change the font color to lighter blue along with darkening some of the background PNGs that were using the dark blue text colors...that should make all of it light blue text on dark backgrounds for better contrast to help those of you that is having difficulty seeing the contrast currently... I always have my screen set to full brightness with screen time-out set to 2 minutes... works great on battery life with that setting for me...

**And with that I'd also like to say that I am no longer fielding PM requests for the theme's link..... sorry, .....so those last of you who have recently recieved PM's back with the links, please download it soon, link will go down within the next couple hours.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2011
  4. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks, Mbk. You're swell!

I'll test the brightness blast and see just how much battery drain there really is...

5. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    No worries bro...I know that different things suite different individuals differently...lol :p

Anyways, here if an update.zip that will take away all the dark blue text areas and change them all to the main light blue text.... all lighter background buttons that were using the darker blue text has now been darkened to accomodate the lighter blue text...
    so just flash this via recovery without wiping...
    PEv6.5_Dark2Light.zip

Also, I'll list the other to modification ZIPs ...

first for those that use apps that call black text to be in the dark popup menus...here is a MetaMorph.zip which changes those popup backgrounds to dark gray...apply using MetaMorph...
    DarkGray_PopUpBackground_MM.zip

And lastly...all those of you who got the version 1 of this theme, you'll need to flash this update.zip via recovery without wiping to update the phone.apk...those of you who got version 2 of the theme do not need to apply this since it already had it added in ...
    PEv6.5_Phone-APK.zip

Thanks all for your support and kind words...truly appreciate it...this private release is now officially terminated...:icon_eek::p:)

6. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Mbk - I understand your desire to stop with this, so I'll make this my last comment. First of all, thanks again for your work. It's made my phone much more of a pleasure to use!

I applied the Dark2Light update and in Handcent the popup background is now black again, with dark letters that I can't see at all. I'm going to reinstall both fixes again in order to make sure I didn't mess it up.

EDIT: Wait a minute! I wasn't clear on exactly what the problem is. In Handcent, in the list view of texts, when you long-press on a conversation you're presented with a pop-up menu. That's the menu I'm having difficulty with. Other apps (K-9, for example) handle the long-press pop-up menu fine.

7. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah the update.zip disolves the MM.zip for the gray popup menus....once you apply the Dark2Light update.zip, you have to reapply the dark gray MM.zip for the Handcent black on black issue...editting the Handcent app iotself isn't much of an option since once it updates it'll be right back to the same issue, so this MM.zip can be applied every time sny of those apps like Handcent, Tweetcaster, Beautiful Widgets updates... and kinda crap[py of those app devs to call up black text in only one obscure menu in their apps sometimes...lol

8. danceswithbongs

danceswithbongs Active Member

Ratings:
    +5
    You Rock!

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
    danceswithbongs

9. Pleirosei

Pleirosei Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey man question. Do you have your themed gtalk apk? I tried 2.3.5 for a bit. Restored my backup and now gtalk won't work. I tried reflashing the theme and that didn't work. Do you have a link for it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

10. ghosty222

ghosty222 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Can somebody send me link to the themes please thx

11. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm pretty sure mbk stopped sharing his theme and i don't think he would like anyone else sharing his theme to others.

12. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    TRy flashing this via recovery,...

13. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    I'm not going to be uptight if someone did PM the theme to their friend or whatnot, I couldn't stop that if I wanted to, but, I just ask that it not be posted in open forum... :)

All links are deleted anyways...;)

Last edited: Jul 28, 2011
  14. jcwilliams

jcwilliams Active Member

Ratings:
    +3
    np thanks for clearing this up.

15. Mbk

Ratings:
    +4
    I'd prefer to leave it as it ended, only for those that have supported me in the past and those who showed enough interest to send a PM... but I also know that I cannot stop others from sharing if they chose to privately... so I leave it up to those that did get the theme whether they'd like to send it via PM to any others...it's all cool with me...:)

Search tags for this page

info triblue net