PEv5 or PE4.2

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by flipsy, Feb 27, 2011.

1. flipsy

flipsy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Which is better?

2. Darksaga

Darksaga New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    In my opinion 5 is better. There has not been one redraw of my launcher screen under v5 and after 2 days it would happen regularly on 4.2. THe speed is AMAZING! It's faster than anything I've ever used! Donation is definitely on the way! dancedroid

The only drawback is that you lose some theme options (coming soon I'm sure) and the custom animations are not included. (I panicked a bit while activating the rom; My screen looked like an old tube TV screen turning off. LOL it's a built in animation.)

3. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    They are both good in my opinion. If you are going to try 5 u may want to wait until the update is released soon, which is most likely a fix to GB killing apps too aggressively. 5 has some new features like more lockscreen options, etc. Stock kernel with 5 is great too.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

4. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    PEv5 is I feel extremely stable and reliable.
    I haven't had a single problem with at all.
    Themes are starting to come out.
    Fixes are fast and to the point (something Mojo and Actngrezy are amazingly good at)

It's going to come down to whether you want something that has been pretty much hammered out or something that is still getting lil kinks worked out. I like the kinks, as more people running it will allow them to fix issues that much faster.

5. arirang

arirang New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GB has intuitive and simple cut/paste tool

froyo tool lacks simplicity and is barely useable.

6. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life
    Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've released a MetaMorph.zip that installs the transition animation onto PEv5.... check out the thread....so nothing is lacking on 5 from 4.2

7. dan.dar

dan.dar Member

Ratings:
    +10
    I just went back to 4.2 Here's why:

1) I couldn't deal with losing 3G after phone calls. Unacceptable to have to fiddle with plane mode.
    2) Battery life in games lasted longer in 4.2
    3) Slayher kernel was faster than RZ in GB.
    4) Don't have to worry about stuttering camcorder.

Other than better copy and paste and a nicer battery icon I don't see any advantage to 5.0.1 vs 4.2

Ps. I didn't have any redraw issues on either build. 5.0.1 might have felt a smidgen smoother, but the trade-offs weren't worth it for me. I might have lived with 2-3, but the first time #1 happened it was over for me.

#7 dan.dar, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011
  8. c_hale22

c_hale22 Theme Developer
    Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +4
    I have to say that 5.0.1 is one of the best roms (GB or Froyo) I have ever flashed, Stability and Speed, but then again different phones differnet setups. Just my 2 cents.

9. jchammer123

jchammer123 Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've been loving the v5 build. Especially since I haven't had any luck with other GB roms. There are a few minor issues but nothing to complain about. Plus, I'm sure they will be fixed, it's a new version and that's bound to happen. All in all, I love anything Project Elite does!

10. Yonnor

Yonnor I r Teh Greetest

Ratings:
    +2
    I've only recently rooted my Droid, and I've only used Project Elite v4.2, and Project Elite v5 so far. But v5 is by far my favorite of the 2. I've yet to have any issues, and it runs super smooth on my phone. I usually get a full day of battery life no problem as well. Can't wait to see what comes next for PE! :)

11. Stelv

Stelv Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    One note. Battery life was dramatically improved when I cleared battery stats on a full charge and let it run all the way to empty again before charging on v5. IMO one should wipe batt stats on a full charge after every new install.

sent from my rooted nook color

12. fishfood

fishfood Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I agree with pretty much everything you said, although I want to add that all of those issues are consistent throughout ALL the gingerbread ROMs, not just PE... One additional issue, which was the dealbreaker for me, the native USB tethering is in-op in the Gingerbread ROMs, at least with PE 5 and all versions of LGB, and I don't want to have to pay $10 or $20 for Easytether or pdanet to tether when i can do it for free... so for now, 4.2 it is. PE is STILL the best thing going, on Froyo OR GB...