Petition to Motorola

Jaxidian

Team FreeMyMoto
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.jaxidian.org
You've heard the saying about "the straw that broke the camel's back", right? Well, like all of our efforts that haven't yet led to success, the community is starting to have a significant voice regarding this topic. Blog posts, forum posts, news articles, tweets, petitions, emails, letters, phone calls, and the list goes on and on. No single one of these things will get Motorola's attention. However, enough of all of these things just might.

As such, I invite and encourage you to on Groubal.com.

I doubt this petition alone will invoke any change in their policies. However, perhaps this petition, along with enough of us trying desperately (but still professionally) hard to be heard, will ultimately break through to the higher-ups at Motorola. If you feel this isn't worth your time, that's fine. No pressure to sign it. However, if you think that the 30 seconds it takes to read and sign this is worth it, even if there's only a 20% chance that it will help, well, that's pretty good. Wouldn't you be willing to buy a $1 lottery ticket if you had a 20% chance of winning $100? Ultimately, we'll only get through to Motorola if we band together and act as a single, large group. Even if we only account for 5% of Motorola's customers, if 5% of Motorola's customers are actively asking for something, that will get their attention, since that probably represents 50% of their customers that communicate with them. Think about it, and if you decide it's worth the cost to you (perhaps a minute or two, and that's all), then join us.

That is all.

Pc747 message below:

For those who do not know the motorola petition site, groupal, has been hacked. When a person clicks on it, it introduces malware. So as a result we have removed all links to that site. And will remove the links from sigs. Please if you see a link pm us so we can make sure no one clicks and messes up their computer.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

andylulzyou

Reaction score
Another thing is that this petition only had about 300 signatures 4 or 5 days ago when I found it over on another forum and sent it to Drod and other DX Dev/Players on Twitter to have it retweeted. Now it's already over 1500.

However when considering that there were over 3000 people trying to download the Gingerbread build last night.. that's not enough! Please sign!

PalmerCurling

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
this petition is simply one of the ways by which we will make ourselves heard; this is only the starting point, a place to move from.

Pease Sign, every sig counts, and we need ever sig we can get.

snwboard333

Reaction score
The site got hacked again...

maybe it was just a freak accident but the site became one of those your system has errors click here to fix things that just wants to give out viruses

aliasxerog

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I saw it, I'm looking into it.

EDIT: Looks like someone put some javascript as a comment that's getting executed on page load.
its telling me this
Windows Security has found critical process activity on your system
and will perform fast scan of system files

queer thing is I'm a gentoo user.

Last edited:

.46caliber

Reaction score
Made me LOL. I'm running Kubuntu so I just started laughing when a web page was telling me that my Windows machine was full of malware and viruses.

snwboard333

Reaction score
That petition site had no idea the trouble we were gonna bring onto them lol

tomfo0lery

Reaction score
Keep it going, i just signed and now there are almost 8000 sigs

Reaction score
This is a great I idea. Petitons have helped solve things that were even more inpossible then what were trying to accomplish, so this is awesome idea. I have a question tho, I went to the site to sign the petetion but I couldn't figure out where im supposed to sign, can someone help me

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

IceAngel8381

Reaction score
Due to the issues with the website, can someone repost the link if it is working correctly?? Thanks!! :)

Reaction score
Due to the issues with the website, can someone repost the link if it is working correctly?? Thanks!! :)

Click on the link and it takes you to the sites homepage and right at the top you should see something that talks about the bootloader petetion, just click on that. I got to the correct page and saw everyones sigs but I don't see where I can put my sig on the petetion

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Drummynator

Reaction score
The petition is great and all (yes i've signed it, and have even got most of my friends to sign it) but the only sure fire way to get them to notice something's not right is a drop in profits or sales. It all goes back to the money. When Motorola first marketed the original Droid, it was advertised as an anti-iPhone-phone. They basically showed off all of the features that the Droid could do resulting in the advertising of Droid Does. One of the biggest features they advertised was the "hackability" of the device.

Motorola is now taking away one of the key features of the phone that practically kept them from going out of business. I guess they see root as a bad thing even though it's basically a necessity for linux machines, android being one of them. I can understand that WiFi tether is illegal and they'd want to prevent that, but getting rid of root completely just doesn't make sense.

Taking away a feature that resurrected the company is definitely going to come back around and bite them in the rear. That, to me, seems like the only time they will realize that root is just as important as everything else in the android business. I bet a lot of root lovers will end up with samsung soon since they say they aren't locking their bootloaders unless Google says that they need to (which probably wont happen). When will the companies ever learn they need to listen to the community and the business will run itself?

Reaction score
The petition is great and all (yes i've signed it, and have even got most of my friends to sign it) but the only sure fire way to get them to notice something's not right is a drop in profits or sales. It all goes back to the money. When Motorola first marketed the original Droid, it was advertised as an anti-iPhone-phone. They basically showed off all of the features that the Droid could do resulting in the advertising of Droid Does. One of the biggest features they advertised was the "hackability" of the device.

Motorola is now taking away one of the key features of the phone that practically kept them from going out of business. I guess they see root as a bad thing even though it's basically a necessity for linux machines, android being one of them. I can understand that WiFi tether is illegal and they'd want to prevent that, but getting rid of root completely just doesn't make sense.

Taking away a feature that resurrected the company is definitely going to come back around and bite them in the rear. That, to me, seems like the only time they will realize that root is just as important as everything else in the android business. I bet a lot of root lovers will end up with samsung soon since they say they aren't locking their bootloaders unless Google says that they need to (which probably wont happen). When will the companies ever learn they need to listen to the community and the business will run itself?

They are starting to see a drop in sales already. Cause a lot of people have switched to HTC or Samsung because they unlock their bootloaders, Even people who loved their Droid phones, have switched, even tho they didn't want to not use whichever Droid they had, cause they are great phones, but the unlocked bootloader is worth switching manufactures for. And I really believe moto is starting to see this. So we just gotta keep up the petitions and other things were doing to show them the facts and especially that its in their best interest to unlock the bootloader, it will increase their sells and profits and customer base as well as keep exsisting customers from jumping ship. So as soon as they see all that, they will come around. I have faith in that fact.

Sent using my Droid X, Powered by Rubix Focused 2.0.1