Petition to get Motorola to unlock the Droid X2 bootloader

ktklein72

Reaction score
Please sign, repost, tweet, etc...

Petition: Motorola Mobility Inc: Unlock all smartphone bootloaders. | Change.org

Why This Is Important

Motorola is blocking consumers and developers of a feature the device is capable of doing, running custom kernels. Consumers and developers who bought Motorola smartphones are being cheated out of their freedom to modify their personal property. Motorola has unlocked some smartphone's bootloaders, but many are still locked. Through allowing people the opportunity to unlock their bootloaders, Motorola will encourage developers to use Motorola phones to develop on rather than other devices. It is time that Motorola unlocks all of their smartphone's bootloaders and gives people the right to modify their own personal property, a right that is inherent on millions of other smartphones produced by other companies.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Haven't you heard, Moto says it's "the carriers fault" that they lock the phones down. Lie'n schmucks!

*signed it by the way!

OP
ktklein72

ktklein72

Reaction score
I know. It's the classic, "it's the other guy's fault" But yet HTC managed to pull it off and I think some of their models are on Verizon. I'd rather try and fail even if in vain than sit around and do nothing and then complain it's locked.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

tsmith9191

Reaction score
Shared over Google+, Facebook, and twitter.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
ktklein72

ktklein72

Reaction score
Up to 367 signatures - not bad for 24hrs with minimal exposure . I reached out to editors at CNET and CRN. Not sure if either one will publish anything though... Oh I also asked change.org to bring some publicity to the petition on twitter and fb. I think Moto's twitter account was getting hammered too. Next is their fb and google+ pages!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

UPDATE: Now at 400 signatures.

UPDATE 2: I just heard back from my contact at CRN and he is forwarding it to the person who covers mobile tech. Maybe this has a shot at being published. Cross your fingers and toes people...

knewdood

Reaction score
Signed it. # 1654
I own 2 droid 3's and 2 DX 2's. Unlocked bootloaders............it would be a very long night!!

Sent from my Droid 3 (Liberty ROM) using Tapatalk

OP
ktklein72

ktklein72

Reaction score
Just keep bombarding Moto's Twitter and FB pages and spreading the word about the petition. Hopefully they will respond to this sooner than later.

tjoh311

Reaction score
I just defaced their facebook. Lets see how long it stays up. LOL

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums