1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Petes Bugless Beast or Simply Stunning?

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by bodean, Mar 3, 2010.

1. bodean

bodean New Member

Those who have tried both (2.1 roms) can you comment on the differences? I've always run Pete's (using his new 2.1 ERE25 now) but my buddy recently went over to SS and says his battery life is A LOT better.

I haven't heard much discussion on the major differences in these two Roms (besides the authors).

Any comments would be welcomed.
  2. CKyle22

CKyle22 New Member

Simply Stunning hands down. Pete... eh, nevermind, this isn't the place. Just know that Chevy is a "real" coder and not a scriptkiddie cut and paste guy.
  3. KZIWarrior

KZIWarrior Active Member

BB v1.2... don't know what crack ^ is smoking... just because Pete hasn't wasted time making themes... Pete has done as much (or more) than most other chefs and his ROMs show it. He hasn't gotten into kernels because there are already too many with too many bugs and concentrates his time on multiple ROMs (he's the only one currently supporting 2 official ROMs and still actively developing/debugging both).
  4. budmonster

budmonster Guest

Simply Stunning has all kind of different colors in the rom, alot of the rom is blue then some parts arent. its not attractive.
  5. jk12

jk12 New Member

I've tried both. Stunning has been FAR more stable and less demanding on battery. It runs about 10-12 degrees cooler on avg. (I overclock to 1.0 Ghz). I'm even running live wallpapers without issues or overheat. Also, similar to sholes, stunning gives you multiple choices on install....including glass w/blue tint or no blue.
  6. bodean

bodean New Member

Interesting takes on both. Appreciate.
  7. cabagekiller

cabagekiller New Member

The temperature for a ROM is usually based on the kernel used. I use the new ROM pete made with the ERE25. It runs smoothly and still is cool. Maybe just might be me though.
  8. paulmac

paulmac New Member

I have used both, and in my case they both have worked well. Recently I installed Simply Stunning, and I am liking it. Has been stable, and with Set CPU downloaded and installed have been able to overclock it with no problems so far.
  9. justreboot

justreboot New Member

SS is pretty nice / I keep flipping in hopes of a 'perfect ROM.' The only thing is dislike with SS was the battery icon itself. Maybe its fixed now... currently using the ERE25 which seems optimized for the droid. Hoping that REALigion will come up with a ROM soon looks freakin sweet....
  10. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

since you are running SS you can change the battery icon to what ever you want just look it up and research it.

for those complaining about to many colors thats what Metamorph is for you can change what ever you want when ever you want

-=Jason=-

EDIT: oh and when running BB I dislike the green accents left on it anyways so I used AdamZ's Smoked Glass V2.0 to theme my roms

so BB and SS < Adamz Smoked GlassV2.0 THEME!
  11. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

SS v2.0.0 Beta has replaced the green signal/battery icons with blue to better match - and as was stated, it's simply a theme and easily replaceable.
  12. Flomaster

Flomaster Premium Member Premium Member

Chev im running your SS rom, I did use metamorpho to theme my contacts, phone dialer, gmail, and a few other things.. but I did NOT apply the entire theme because I DO LIKE your notification icons :)

-=Jason=-
  13. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Thx Jason :)