Petes Baseband Update

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Cdjones187, Jul 27, 2010.

1. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I installed petes baseband update that clames will install over ANY baseband. Well, it didnt work.. lol. Im running ChevyNo1 Simply Stunning 4.5, any way I can get the correct baseband for SS4.5 or will i have to restore?

2. bomber889

bomber889 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What is the problem? It didn't install correctly? or what

3. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, locks up recovery when trying to install. When phone reboots no signal/service. Under settings baseband version is unknown.

4. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    You cannot use a nandroid/cw restore option to reset your baseband. Completely seperate from roms.

I have confirmed that you can install basebands out of order, although with my phone this does cause signal problems.

I would suggest redownloading the file. It is possible that you got some corruption in the file download that is breaking the process. If this does not work, then perhaps find one of the olderf files and restart the upgrade process.

Craig

5. Cdjones187

Cdjones187 Member

Ratings:
    +0

Using Clockwork Recovery and wifi connection. Done a little reading. From what others have said the baseband "update" makes there signal worse than before =/....Cant see how that would be possible for me ( no 3g service where i live ) but im gonna try to hold out and hope for something good in 2.2 whenever google desides to release it.

6. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Ratings:
    +1
    CD,

I try and follow all the baseband threads, as I live in a somewhat remote area, by board standards. Folks seem to be all over the place with baseband results. One thing that no one has been able to help with is whether the basebands are tweaked at the tower side. Perhaps this could account for some of the variability? Perhaps it is just phone related?

Most certainly when 2.2 is officially OTA'd, they will update the baseband to something. Perhaps our latest, perhaps something newer. I too will be keeping an eye on that part of the OTA. If you do decide to try and flash something newer, I would recommend switching over to SPRecovery, at least for the baseband update.zip. Easy to flash back and forth. Put me in the camp that likes Rom Manager, but have had some issues with updates from time to time.

I use a Wilson repeater at home to get a signal, but I saw some mention in a thread about some kind of VZW signal booster that apparently you can get through VZW with some kind of rebate. I have not researched that option, but perhaps you might be interested. Yes, it sucks not having a signal at home, to at least make calls.

Craig

Search tags for this page

petes all in one baseband

petes baseband