Peter Alfonso's How to manually activate a vzw phone

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Good find Tallica:
Peter Alfonso

How To: Manually Activate A Verizon Wireless Android Phone

For some odd reason, I can rarely activate my phone using the simple way of dialing *228 and selecting option 2. It always fails and provides me a number to call. After speaking with a Verizon Wireless representative about 4 times a week, I finally decided to ask if there was a way I could manually activate my phone. The wonderful people at Verizon were glad to provide me the information requested to make their job a little easier. Here are some instructions to do so (I am not responsible for any mishap that may occur by following them):

0. If you are activating a newly purchased phone, view the "Note" below.
1. Dial and call: ##7764726
2. Enter SPC password: 000000
3. Select "User Activation"
4. Change "MIN" to your match your previously activated phone's "MIN"

• To Find "MIN"
    • Menu > Settings > About Phone > Status > MIN
5. Change "MDN" to your mobile phone number
6. Press "Done"
7. Press home key (to return to homescreen)
8. Device will automatically restart

Note:

• "CDMA Sys ID" is area specific and should not need to be changed unless you recently purchased the phone.
    • If you did recently purchase your phone, follow the same steps as above and use your activated phone's "CDMA Sys ID" number in this field.
  • After manually activating a device, it is a good idea to update its "Roaming Capabilities" by dialling: *22899
  • As always if you have any questions, call Verizon at 1-800-922-0204

Bonus Tip/Trick:

If you have recently flashed a new ROM or baseband and wish to bypass the pesky activation screen simply tap the top left corner, top right corner, bottom right corner, and bottom left corner of the screen consecutively and it will bring you to the home screen.

upperdecker49

Reaction score
Is there a way to find out the MIN number if the phone won't boot past the loading screen? The only number that I can find is the MEID.

marshin

Reaction score
Thank you!

Total life saver! Thank you so much for posting this.

cantHelpIt

Reaction score
awesome thanks for this.
is there any settings in there for 3g stuff ? i un rooted my droid x and re flashed but i dont have a 3g signal

teamneon

Reaction score
MIN isnt necessarily your actual phone number. MDN is the actual phone number. MIN is different on most phones.