Pete Forgot about us

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by NYZ93, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanielC

DanielC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Comments like these are destructive and unnecessary. As far as I'm concerned any development for the Droid is good so long as the developer is expanding his/her knowledge and contributing to our little hacker community. Remember Pete hasn't been in the game as long as some of the other devs and is still a student. I think he's put out some great stuff (then again I'm just a newb so what do I know?) and it just seems his focus may be other things at this point in time especially since it is summer break for us college kids. I just hope the wait for bb.05 is worth it. Going from his past ROMs, I'll bet it kicks ass as usual.

2. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    Pete's roms are great, no one can argue that. They're not better than sapphire, ud, or cm. not hating, just being truthful and objective based on my observations.

3. jimmiet

jimmiet Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I need to follow in Husker's footsteps n' rant a little here.
    I have used all of and still use most roms posted here at DF. I use Sapphire as my daily bread n' butter except for when I want to try something new or go back to something for a little change.
    That being said, for people to complain about a dev "forgetting about them" or "moving on to other devices" is: 1)Insulting because the devs in the android community do this on their own time while living their own lives, i.e.: school, work, family, responsibilities. Which should always come first. 2)Totally ridiculous since you have every chance to TRY SOMETHING ELSE while your waiting for the next release.
    IMO if I were a dev and people came here and complained about having to wait, it may just cause me to drag my feet on a release a little bit more every time. They do this on their own time FOR US and donations aside, for free. Patience is a virtue!

4. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    I don't need to do better, UD, CM, and cvps do that for me haha...but all jokes aside, it was just an opinion. i've tried every rom and pete's is the buggiest one on my phone. YMMW, but i was just stating an opinion...that's why forums exist.

5. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +1
    It is a free country people. As for me, I am waiting for v0.5. I am quite happy with v0.4.....

6. czerdrill

czerdrill Silver Member

Ratings:
    +12
    +1. Use what works for you, and don't get upset because not everyone shares your view.

7. Phxphenom

Phxphenom Member

Ratings:
    +1

8. leroi09

leroi09 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another vote for Liquid here, runs really cool and very stable. Give it a try

9. lowboy

lowboy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    True
    I have never tried BB but I know people that use it.
    To each his/her own. I like a lot of Roms and choose the one I run because I like it the most right now. Who knows I may find one I like better down the road.

10. *22899

*22899 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +5
    This thread and most the post in it including this one are foolish and absolute pointless. Some of you should be ashamed of yourselves.

11. Krish

Krish Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I jumped the boat to frozen yogurt long time ago. The latest version is amazing and very fast/smooth. No problems at all on this rom. Check it out =]

12. captdroid

captdroid Senior Member

Ratings:
    +17
    Been keeping an eye on Frozen Yogurt. Will be interesting to see how it progresses. IMO Sapphire is leading Frozen Yogurt for now.

And I am keeping my eye on BB since I suspect Pete will be back with quite a product build from AOSP. After all Pete's dream is to work for Google doing Android development!

#48 captdroid, Aug 17, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.