personal ringtones

droidx38

Reaction score
I want to use the same ringtones that I had set for individuals on my droidx on my new razor but dont know which folder to drop them into so they will show up in the list with the factory ones. The owners manual doesnt say how to do personal ones.

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
So long as they are in a folder named media they should be found.

Ok, made a media folder for internal and sd card, dropped my ringtones in both and still a no go. Anyone else want to take a crack at it?

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
On my bionic I had to make a media folder and then sub folders for ringtones and notifications. After I did that my ringtones showed up in the ringtones list and my notifications showed up in the notifications list. It should be the same on the RAZR.

Sent from my Red Eclipsed DROID BIONIC

devdeuce

Reaction score
On my bionic I had to make a media folder and then sub folders for ringtones and notifications. After I did that my ringtones showed up in the ringtones list and my notifications showed up in the notifications list. It should be the same on the RAZR.

Sent from my Red Eclipsed DROID BIONIC

Not positive this is what you mean, but I use ringdroid to make my own and it gives you the option to save them as ringtones.

There is no spoon

devdeuce

Reaction score
Just found mine.
Internal phone storage
Media
Audio
Then there's one folder for ringtones and one for notifications
I think ringdroid probably automatically made those folders when I made ringtones because the stock ones are not in those folders, bit mine are and they do show up on this list when selecting tones.

There is no spoon

Last edited:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I just select an MP3 from my collection and tell it to use it as a ringtone, and those are just stored on the external SD card. You could also upload those files to Zedge and then assign them to your tones that way.

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
Not positive this is what you mean, but I use ringdroid to make my own and it gives you the option to save them as ringtones.

I think that should work if it is putting them under media. That wouldn't work for notification sounds since that is a different folder so you would have to move them or copy them to the notification folder under media. I don't use ringdroid because you can only shorten songs or .mp3 files. I started using Audacity because I can lengthen a file or cut out sections. It works pretty good for simple editing.

I came across that program when I was looking to lengthen a notification sound as a ringtone: Droid killing an Iphone, I wanted it to repeat 4 times like a ringtone.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I think that should work if it is putting them under media. That wouldn't work for notification sounds since that is a different folder so you would have to move them or copy them to the notification folder under media. I don't use ringdroid because you can only shorten songs or .mp3 files. I started using Audacity because I can lengthen a file or cut out sections. It works pretty good for simple editing.

I came across that program when I was looking to lengthen a notification sound as a ringtone: Droid killing an Iphone, I wanted it to repeat 4 times like a ringtone.

ringdroid will let you take any part of a song you want, you can also choose the length but with a limit, who's going to listen to a whole song while someones calling? You can save as either notification or ringtone

There is no spoon

SpeJ3435

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
64GB White Nexus 6
I was saying that if I wanted a section from 0:05 to 0:15 and then 0:30 to 0:40, ringdroid wouldn't let me have those in the same tone. Also I took a notification sound "Droid Killing Iphone," which is only 7 seconds and had it repeat so that it is a full length ringtone of 20 seconds through Audacity. My bionic wouldn't repeat it on its own. That is what I was saying.

devdeuce

Reaction score
I was saying that if I wanted a section from 0:05 to 0:15 and then 0:30 to 0:40, ringdroid wouldn't let me have those in the same tone. Also I took a notification sound "Droid Killing Iphone," which is only 7 seconds and had it repeat so that it is a full length ringtone of 20 seconds through Audacity. My bionic wouldn't repeat it on its own. That is what I was saying.

Got ya, you speak the truth

There is no spoon

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Ok, finally got it figured out and here is how I did it.
1-plugged phone into usb port on laptop
2-selected usb mass storage
3-highlighted the internal drive and created a new folder called media
4-highlighted the media folder and created a subfolder called audio
5-highlighted the audio folder and created a subfolder called ringtones
6-highlighted the audio folder again and created a subfolder called notifications
7-copied and pasted the mp3 form ringtones and notifications into their folders
8-unhooked the usb cable after transfers were complete
9-went to my contact list, selected a contact, scrolled thru the list and all my ringtones were now in the list for selection

Thanks to all who chimed in to help me out, and hopefully my directions here will help someone else out in the future! dancedroid

Billyd

Reaction score
Hey good job, And thanks for the play by play which is very helpful.
I'm adding it to my ever growing directory tree notepad file in hopes someday I'll have all the critical dirs listed.
If I could just find time to clean it all up it's prolly fairly complete.
Just hate having 4 or 5 diff dirs for music, pics and so on from apps not using proper defaults.

Thanks
X/BillyD..