1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Persistent app install after wiping?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Strikeir13, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Strikeir13

Strikeir13 New Member

Posted this over at XDA too:

I'm wondering if there is a way on the D1 to get persistent install of apps after wiping data/cache/everything. I know on my DX there is a preinstall folder that (on stock ROMs) contains the Flash and Need for Speed apks and md5sums. I tried just making a preinstall folder on the D1 but I'm pretty sure that won't do it... so I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could write a script or app or help me how do this! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

apps2sd is what your looking for
  3. Strikeir13

Strikeir13 New Member

I don't think it is. apps2sd installs the apk to the sd card but part of the data from the file remains in internal storage. I'm looking for a way to create a partition on the sd card that you can manipulate to place apks there, they can be checked against an md5 sum, and upon success of that check, installed to /data/app so that you have access to them without having to log in to google and go through the market to get them. It would be much faster and easier.

I know I could just put the raw apks on the sdcard and use a file manager to package install them, but if a script or other method could be written to automatically do this after a full wipe, that would be so much cleaner... maybe a script to check a folder on the sd card?
Search tags for this page
android preinstall folder\

persist.img

persistent data wipe