Persistent app install after wiping?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Strikeir13, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Strikeir13

Strikeir13 New Member

Posted this over at XDA too:

I'm wondering if there is a way on the D1 to get persistent install of apps after wiping data/cache/everything. I know on my DX there is a preinstall folder that (on stock ROMs) contains the Flash and Need for Speed apks and md5sums. I tried just making a preinstall folder on the D1 but I'm pretty sure that won't do it... so I was hoping someone more knowledgeable than I could write a script or app or help me how do this! :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  2. prime

prime Kernel Developer Premium Member Developer

apps2sd is what your looking for
  3. Strikeir13

Strikeir13 New Member

I don't think it is. apps2sd installs the apk to the sd card but part of the data from the file remains in internal storage. I'm looking for a way to create a partition on the sd card that you can manipulate to place apks there, they can be checked against an md5 sum, and upon success of that check, installed to /data/app so that you have access to them without having to log in to google and go through the market to get them. It would be much faster and easier.

I know I could just put the raw apks on the sdcard and use a file manager to package install them, but if a script or other method could be written to automatically do this after a full wipe, that would be so much cleaner... maybe a script to check a folder on the sd card?
Search tags for this page
android app persistance afyer data wipe

android preinstall folder\

install verizon app after wipe

persist.img

persistent data wipe