Perma lost Data on 2 Razrs??

mokes

Reaction score
I have zero data on my phone. Tried everything with the Tier 2 guy from Verizon. He overnights me a "Like New" phone. (just found out about this "Like New crap this morning...")

Anyways...new phone...no data. None. Can't get either phone to connect at all, so I can't even import my Contacts for work now. :mad:

Wife's Incredible 2....no issues. Put the phones side by side..she has a signal, I don't. She spent 50 bucks for her phone, I spent 300, lol. I NEED this for work as I am on the road a lot.

Ideas? No way am I getting another "Like New" phone sent either. That's a complete load of crap. Verizon is starting to piss me right off.

Trash Can

Reaction score
Fortunately for me, my phone is more for convenience than anything else, so I can deal with these data issues as they crop up. However, if I absolutely needed data, I would downgrade to a 3G phone until VZW and the manufactures can sort out this out. They will get it resolved because there's too much money at stake, but the million dollar question is when.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I have zero data on my phone. Tried everything with the Tier 2 guy from Verizon. He overnights me a "Like New" phone. (just found out about this "Like New crap this morning...")

Anyways...new phone...no data. None. Can't get either phone to connect at all, so I can't even import my Contacts for work now. :mad:

Wife's Incredible 2....no issues. Put the phones side by side..she has a signal, I don't. She spent 50 bucks for her phone, I spent 300, lol. I NEED this for work as I am on the road a lot.

Ideas? No way am I getting another "Like New" phone sent either. That's a complete load of crap. Verizon is starting to piss me right off.
Not sure if you've tried this but here goes: Set your network settings to CDMA only...not CDMA/LTE. Power off your phone...completely. Reboot your phone and give it a minute or so to make the 3g connection. If it fails to connect/data toggle airplane mode on then off. Wait a minute and see if it then connects 3g. Leave the phone in CDMA only unless you really need 4g. mokes is right...this is as much (maybe more) a Verizon/network issue as it is a phone issue. If after trying all this and you still can't get a 3g connection with data...take the phone to the nearest Verizon corporate store and have them solve the problem.

Verro84

Reaction score
I had the Razr for a little over a week and went back to the Bionic. Severe data loss i couldn't take it im in a good 4g area too

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
M

mokes

Reaction score
I told them to send me a Rezound and they are trying to tell me that the Charge is just as good....:D

OP
M

mokes

Reaction score
I've tried everything. They are now sending me to a Verizon store to swap sim cards. This is a joke. He refuses to let me have the Rezound. He just kept claiming the Charge is a "LIKE" phone. I asked him on what planet? He excused himself from our conversation. Verizon is really sucking.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
I've tried everything. They are now sending me to a Verizon store to swap sim cards. This is a joke. He refuses to let me have the Rezound. He just kept claiming the Charge is a "LIKE" phone. I asked him on what planet? He excused himself from our conversation. Verizon is really sucking.
mokes...there is a pretty significant update coming from Motorola in the next week or so. A leaked update is available (not that I recommend you flash it), but the information being provided by those who have flashed it indicates that the 3g/4g data disconnect issue is much less problematic with the update. If I remember correctly the camera shutter speed is much improved also...and there are other improvements being reported, just don't recall what they are. If you really like the Razr and can hold out for the OTA update that is surely coming in the next week or so...maybe sooner, the update may solve your problems. I would purse getting Verizon to give you a phone that works at any rate. Good luck.

DroidHoff

Reaction score

Obviously the Charge is no where near the same phone... thats just retarded! Let us know how the SIM replacement works out, reading through this topic that was the first thing that came to mind. For some reason VZW 4g SIMs can be a little flaky...

OP
M

mokes

Reaction score
Sim swap seems to have worked, but not on the new phone...I mean "LIKE NEW" phone they sent me. That one froze up and was borked, lol. I put the new SIM my original phone and now it seems to have a stable data connection. So far, so good.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Sim swap seems to have worked, but not on the new phone...I mean "LIKE NEW" phone they sent me. That one froze up and was borked, lol. I put the new SIM my original phone and now it seems to have a stable data connection. So far, so good.
Good to hear.

OP
M

mokes

Reaction score
Wow....I'm actually using my phone! Solid blue now......amazing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
M

mokes

Reaction score
Noticing a new issue now. I'm getting a lot force close issues now with some applications in Settings? One I notice that is bad is Accounts. Ideas? Never had this issue before the SIM change. Still have Data at least, lol.

Leaveit2Lauren

Reaction score
I have had major data issues with my Razr from the beginning but I love this phone so I decided to tough it out ;) It took 3 trips to the Verizon store before they finally replaced the unit for a new one. This fixed a few minor problems I had but I still experienced a complete loss of data which could only be temporarily remedied by restarting the phone. I just had the SIM card replaced and have had fantastic connectivity for the past few hours. This seems to have fixed the problem and I couldn't be happier with how my Razr now functions.