Periodic Table Of Android!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by johnnyb15613, Jan 19, 2011.

1. johnnyb15613

johnnyb15613 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I have heard this idea thrown around in a few different posts.
    I feel as though it is time to act!
    Please add whatever you can!
    Also, we should start a list of HEX and XML edits, where they are located and what they do!

2. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you so much. This is exactly what I've been looking for.

3. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    I have been saying a Periodic table is needed for over a year now, it's a lot of work though -

As far as the other - this guide might be helpful

4. Spyder RT

Spyder RT Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Ok this is my favorite thread by far. I'm currently working on my 1st theme and this is so stinkin helpful.

5. CJM

CJM Developer Relations Staff Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +607
    This is a great idea. Gonna follow along.

6. decalex

decalex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    omg, I was thinking about this-- and last week, dreamt that it existed, and was bummed when I realized it wasn't real. Awesome.
    (unless this is a dream too..)

7. coolkidd

coolkidd Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hope someone makes this a sticky.... :)

8. microsnook

microsnook Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This is awesome. This will help me out so much more!
    Thanks for this

9. johnnyb15613

johnnyb15613 Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +2
    I hope some more themers add to this! I just don't have the time lately!

10. B-boy™

B-boy™ Team B-boy™/Jedi Counsel Theme Developer Premium Member

Ratings:
    +7
    A lot of the png's inside framework are self explanatory.. some menu icons in the long list of ic_whatever aren't even used and some are used just in different apk's so you can duplicate those menu icons over to another apks... anything that has 2 images, one normal like status_bar_close_on.9 and then status_bar_close_on_at_cust.9.png, is because there is a custom setting in that rom so change both... if you decompile the framework-res.apk, in res/values/colors.xml is a line about 8 down that's "bright_foreground_dark">#ffffff</color> change the #ffffff to whatever color you want and that will affect system wide main font color.. like when you hit menu/settings to bring up the settings menu..no more white text.... the digital clock on the lockscreen is a little trickier though... it's in res/layout/keyguard_screen_tab_unlock.xml.....

<com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock android:id="@id/time" android:paddingBottom="0.0dip" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="100.0dip" android:layout_centerHorizontal="true">
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="58.0sp" android:textColor="#1fff00" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/timeDisplay" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginTop="-33.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:shadowColor="#c0000000" android:shadowDx="0.0" android:shadowDy="0.0" android:shadowRadius="3.0" />
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textSize="58.0sp" android:textColor="#1fff00" android:ellipsize="none" android:id="@id/am_pm" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_marginLeft="8.0dip" android:layout_marginTop="0.0dip" android:layout_marginBottom="0.0dip" android:singleLine="true" android:shadowColor="#c0000000" android:shadowDx="0.0" android:shadowDy="0.0" android:shadowRadius="3.0" android:layout_toRightOf="@id/timeDisplay" />
    </com.android.internal.widget.DigitalClock>
    <TextView android:textAppearance="?textAppearanceMedium" android:textColor="#1fff00" android:id="@id/date" android:layout_width="wrap_content" android:layout_height="wrap_content" android:layout_below="@id/time

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry I just c&p from the folder but it still shows up.. the first red part is the main section and there is another one right under it that both say Digital clock.. the blue text is what is normally in that line and the red text in the middle is what you need to add to make the color changes and you can change the code to whatever color you want.. mine is for a lime green from the VENOM theme.. on the bottom section that says textAppearanceMedium" there are 2 more lines of code just like it that are right underneath it that you need to add the new lines to as well and make sure there is a space on both ends of where the new code is added.There are 5 lines total you change for this... Sorry if this is confusing or not even something that is being looked for in theming, but I had wanted to change all this stuff in my themes and it was hard finding a guide that only changed those things and didn't affect backgrounds inside some apps....

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  11. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    B-Boy looks like he has this editing locked down. Ill def be following along and try and help with this as I learn. Hopefully this will be a sticky tho

12. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
    Naw man.. I'm still learning,too. These are just some of xmls I know of and have changed in all of my themes. There might be an easier way or different ways at least, but I for the most part taught myself how to 9patch and decompile apks and change xml's.. lots of reading and trial&error... with the exception of asking a few questions to Yank, Xkape and Mbk... speaking of Mbk, he's like the mad scientist of XML editing so he is a great source to follow on threads and ask questions to... just saying....:)... another cool addition themers can do is write in a lockscreen background on any rom so that the user's wallpaper isn't what they see until they unlock their phone....

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

13. 252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz Silver Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Ill have to remember mbk and I'm in the process of learning .9.png or 9 patch and also learning xml editing and apk files. Want to become a themer and have the ability to compose a rom and make it look how I want. I got a long way before I learn Java and the total Linux/android OS. Got high hopes haha but we will see how it turns out

Sent from my rooted D2

14. B-boy™

Ratings:
    +7
  15. MAD Industries

MAD Industries Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How about someone (maybe me) hosts a google wave server or a wiki for collaboration on the periodic table? That way anyone who has it open for reference while they are making a theme can change or add things that they think should be there.

Search tags for this page
android symbol chart

droid x symbol chart

periodic table android code