Period in front of App ok to delete?

pyro6128

Reaction score
I've installed some apps from my sd card. For every app that is installed, there is a duplicate file (without the icon) in the folder where I installed from, that has a period in front of it. Are these extras ok to delete? Or do they serve some sort of funtion.

eliassami5

Reaction score
I've installed some apps from my sd card. For every app that is installed, there is a duplicate file (without the icon) in the folder where I installed from, that has a period in front of it. Are these extras ok to delete? Or do they serve some sort of funtion.

no dont delete them, the period is there so the gallery wont be able to scan the file. its kind of like hiding the file when you put a period before the file name. Try putting pictures in a file with a period in front of it, the pics will not appear in your gallery but if you put them in ANY other folder on your SD card the gallery will show the pics regardless.

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
why are these files created though after installing the app. What purpose o they serve?

OP
pyro6128

pyro6128

Reaction score
its every single app that is installed from the sd card though, not just one in particular

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only app I've installed from the SD card that has done that is the HP48 calculator.