perhaps I should not own a smart phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

asherdav

Reaction score
I feel really dumb since I bought this razor for my wife. She keeps handing it to me to get it to do what she wants and I am apparently not as smart as I thought I was. Downloaded a digital clock widget but I can not make it any larger than a small icon. Am I doing something wrong or is the tiny reading all I am going to get. Don't laugh to loud my wife might hear you and start laughing with you.:hail:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to Droid Forums!! Anyone can own a smart phone, I'll see if I can help you out.

But first I will ask, which developer made the app? I ask because I searched with the intention of checking it out, but, there are a number on the market by that name.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Ahhh, asherdav, we will have you impressing your wife with smartphone smarts in no time! Welcome to the forums!

Go to the play store and try fancy widgets, be-weather widgets or beautiful widgets. They are all very similar and have many different styles you can choose from.

Shhhh, trying not to laugh. No, just kidding! That is what is fun about these phones... there is so much you can do with them!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Oops! See, we are already throwing ideas at you! Start with JSM... he will probably help you find success with the one clock widget you already have.

OP
A

asherdav

Reaction score
I will say that I am impressed with what this phone will do I just wish I new what to do with it.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Well just downloaded it, it appears you selected one with only one size lol. How big of a widget were you looking to have?

Perhaps try out some of Tis's suggestions (she really knows her stuff) as they are all great apps.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I will say that I am impressed with what this phone will do I just wish I new what to do with it.

You don't have to know right away, that's why we are here. We will get you on track!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
what he said^^^! We all started in the same place... knowing very little! But that is what is great about this forum... we all learn a lot together! and we have lots of fun in the process!

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome to the droid forums :)

OP
A

asherdav

Reaction score
I am going to try one of Tis's suggestion and see what I can come up with. Thanks I will let all know how it turns out.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have used Beautiful Widgets since I first got a droid, which is a little over 2 years ago now, but it is a paid app. I believe Fancy Widgets has a free one you can try out on the market, maybe start there and see if you like it.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
If you have any questions along the way, just ask! I think you are going to end up wow-ing your wife!

electricman58

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
"ROOTED" Droid Turbo
Do you still get the option for widgets by long pressing on an open space on the home screen with ICS?

Oh, :-D and welcome to the Forums!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Do you still get the option for widgets by long pressing on an open space on the home screen with ICS?

Oh, :-D and welcome to the Forums!!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

AFAIK on all devices with ICS they are in the app drawer. Unless, you are using a custom launcher.

"Don't Panic!"
Tapatalk 2_NEXUS 7