Performance just plummeted

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by spillner, Mar 10, 2011.

1. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    OK, I'm running Petes GPA13 with his 1glv kernel. I installed this last night and I couldn't believe the difference it made. My phone was super responsive and blazing fast. Even this morning when I was using it , it was amazing. Then all of a sudden its performance dropped, almost making it unusable.

I can't swipe between home screens (can only use the tabs at the bottom). If I open the app drawer its takes upwards to 20 secs before it responds my my swipe and even then its very laggy. The phone isn't running hot. I've tried fiddling with SetCPU profiles to no avail. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol Senior Member

Ratings:
    +23
    Kinda silly question, but have you reboot?

Maybe try a different kernel, slower speed or higher voltage.

E2A What launcher are you running? Maybe try a different launcher, ADW, ADW EX, Go Launcher EX, Launcher Pro, and Zeam are some of the more popular ones.

3. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Well I wiped it and started over and its running like butter so I'll see if this corrects the issue. It was really weird. It was pretty much unusable till I did the wipe.

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Yeah but what he's saying to you is to turn it off when it gets sluggish. It will allow everything to kind of reorganize itself. You shouldn't have to wipe whenever that happens.

5. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Rebooted and did battery pulls several times and it didn't make a dent. I've had the phone have bouts of bad lag but this was a different beast entirely. Its still running strong now so I hope that the wipe did the trick.

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    This always seems to happen to me, PEv5 was running flawlessly for me the day I first installed it and now about 5 days later is lags like crazy at times. Reboots and cache cleans only help slightly. For me at least pure cyanogen was the one rom that this never happened on.

7. spillner

spillner Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Figured out whats causing my performance issues, its the market. The minute I download any app it causes my phone too lose almost all its responsiveness. Its really weird.

I can barely scroll from one homescreen to the next and the app drawer won't scroll at all. The weird thing is that I use the market to restore all my apps and its works fine.

Doing a data wipe corrects it till I go into the market again. I've tried different kernels as well and it didn't work. Any suggestions? This rom rocks when its working probably.