Performance help

Stefan82

Reaction score
My droid seems to be having issues when trying to swipe between the homescreens. It's being really sluggish. Also doing this when switching between programs. I run juice defender, set cpu, and stock task manager. Any help? Maybe a way to get a app or is a way to diagnose my phone.

Sent from my Stock DROID 2 GLOBAL (rooted) using DroidForums

SJWackness

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem, though I'm not running Juice Defender or anything else.

My phone's so sluggish that when I swipe it doesn't even display the pattern. It just unlocks the phone.

OP
S

Stefan82

Reaction score
I'm having a similar problem, though I'm not running Juice Defender or anything else.

My phone's so sluggish that when I swipe it doesn't even display the pattern. It just unlocks the phone.

If you have a rooted phone and use SetCPU it might be sluggish. Although a phone reset by turning off and back on helps.

OP
S

Stefan82

Reaction score
After finding a restart to help. I am still wondering about auto restarts where the phone restarts itself. How do I fix this from happening?

Also how do I unlock more memory? It's like I only have about 15 mb of memory out of about 275.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
After finding a restart to help. I am still wondering about auto restarts where the phone restarts itself. How do I fix this from happening?

Also how do I unlock more memory? It's like I only have about 15 mb of memory out of about 275.

android keeps memory reserved for apps, but if another app needs it, reserved memory is released
so only having 15 mb show as unused, doesn't tell you much
if you use titanium backup or similar app, you can freeze stock bloatware http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-roms/167695-gb-4-5-606-bloat.html

in stock recovery you can wipe cache, that sometimes helps

edit: if you use titanium backup, you can freeze all the apps you have installed
don't freeze stock apps, unless you know it's safe.
then see how it runs, unfreeze a few at a time

fix permissions from clockwork mod or rom manager

if all else fails, ezSBF http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-global-hacks/170060-tool-ezsbf-d2g.html

Last edited: