People who call my phone gets someone else??

BigCityVa

Reaction score
I have Google voice mail. Recently a few friends of mine have said that someone else has been answering my phone, which I know is untrue. I am using Google VM, only. People are calling my VZW # I haven't even given out my Google # yet. Has anyone else have this issue? I just called my VZW# from my own cell, and some guy picked up the phone. I also just took Google VM off my phone to see if that resolves the issue.

Last edited:

iPirate

Reaction score
I have Google voice mail. Recently a few friends of mine have said that someone else has been answering my phone, which I know is untrue. I am using Google VM, only. People are calling my VZW # I haven't even given out my Google # yet. Has anyone else have this issue? I just called my VZW# from my own cell, and some guy picked up the phone. I also just took Google VM off my phone to see if that resolves the issue.
Did you ask the guy who he is and what his # is? That might help with the problem.

Maybe what you think your # is, is incorrect?

OP
B

BigCityVa

Reaction score
No I didn't ask him. I know my # I've had it for over 2 years. He said he has recived several VM's for me as well.

droid d'oh

Reaction score
Interesting... Perhaps it might work to contact google on this one. Their software is still in beta after all.

iPirate

Reaction score
No I didn't ask him. I know my # I've had it for over 2 years. He said he has recived several VM's for me as well.
Oh, I wasn't sure if you just got your service.

I dont know how to fix this but I suggest you look at the Google Voice settings and make sure you have it fully disabled until you can resolve the problem. Also ask the person who keeps receiving your calls what their phone # is. This will help you narrow down the problem some.

aristo1963

Reaction score
Instead of just saying "I know my number" try going into settings>about phone>status>my phone number,and make sure that your number is correct,It could very well be that it wasnt programed right,if this is the case your number could very well have been assigned to someone else.

If it shows up correctly call the dude back and let him know what is happening and to make the same check on his phone.

Colgate

Reaction score
I have a Samsung phone with AT&T as a service provider with the same problem. If someone calls my phone and I don't pick up, it calls some person's phone that I don't know and has a different phone number (his landline phone). This problem isn't unique to Droid phones or Verizon. It's obviously something on Google's end. I'm not sure how I'm going to fix this yet, but at least I know that Google is the source of the problem.