People to go the Droid in November...

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
I like many, got the Droid in November. And I'm sure I am not the only one who reallyyyy wants the Droid X. But theres no way to get it w/o paying atleast 500 dollars, either with ETF or buying a new line and paying for that line. I WANT THE DROID X :( but i see no way of buying it at a reasonable price. Any thoughts or comments? (please no, why would u want the Droid X, etc etc)

EDIT: YES i realize i completely F'ed up my grammar/spelling in the thread title :p my bad i meant to say people who got the droid...

Last edited:

tu3218

Reaction score
Yeah I feel ya. I really would like to have the droid x but really, it doesn't offer that much more then the droid we have now. If I could get it for $200, yeah I would get it but I'm actually not to upset about not being able to get it. Might change when I play with one in a store though lol

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Same here, Got mine in Nov/09

But I have 5 lines.....So one is getting the X on Thursday....

It's cheaper to buy one from VZW than Ebay....They are over $700 on there.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
yea i am heavily thinking about just adding a line and paying 10 dollars a month extra, tho with 2 years, thats 200 dollars over time, along with the 200 hundred or so for the X itself, idk if its worth it, even tho i want the DX so badly....

drtnsnw

Reaction score
yea i am heavily thinking about just adding a line and paying 10 dollars a month extra, tho with 2 years, thats 200 dollars over time, along with the 200 hundred or so for the X itself, idk if its worth it, even tho i want the DX so badly....

Better recheck your math, it is 40.00 a month because you have to have the unlimited data along with it.

Chris

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It goes by when you're eligible for upgrade. You can early upgrade if you are eligible between now and December 2010. I think that's pretty generous..and smart business for VZW to do that.

And if you aren't eligible its kind of hard to feel sorry for you. You signed the contract and the Droid is a hell of a nice phone.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score

Better recheck your math, it is 40.00 a month because you have to have the unlimited data along with it.

Chris

well im on a family share plan, so everyone has unlimited, so its no extra per line. or something like that...i could be wrong

noordzy77

Reaction score
how would it only be 10$? would you just cancel the data plan on old droid? My wifes line costs me 60$

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
how would it only be 10$? would you just cancel the data plan on old droid? My wifes line costs me 60$

well like i said, its onlye 10 dollars to add a line, so id add the line to get the phone, and just activate it on my current number, and just have that other line there, so i wouldnt be paying for any extra things on it, besides whats paid for in the family share plan

noordzy77

Reaction score
hmmm...I think your math may be off.... I have Droid, Wife has BB tour, we are on family plan AND I get 20% off for working at local hospital and our bill is 170$ a month.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
hmmm...I think your math may be off.... I have Droid, Wife has BB tour, we are on family plan AND I get 20% off for working at local hospital and our bill is 170$ a month.

again, adding a line is only $10 a month, i wouldnt have any other plans on that line, just putting it on there to get the phone...

li2327

Reaction score
I'm not looking to get it. With Froyo being released on the Droid this is a keeper for me. I love all touchscreen but I do like having a keyboard handy.

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
I'm not looking to get it. With Froyo being released on the Droid this is a keeper for me. I love all touchscreen but I do like having a keyboard handy.

yea that was a huge thing for me...until i found Swype. i havent opened my slide out keyboard since installing it.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

again, adding a line is only $10 a month, i wouldnt have any other plans on that line, just putting it on there to get the phone...

The $30/mo is a mandatory data plan for the smartphone. Being on the family plan you can add another line for $10/mo. That adds up to $40 a month because you can't cancel the $30/mo (just data) you are currently paying for your droid.

As Hookbill said, you can renew early. If you got your phone last November they are cutting you a deal. 40/mo for 6 months is 240 bucks right there. Long term the deal is cheaper if you really want the Droid X.

I get to play the waiting game. I won't be first in line. I probably will wait for the droid pro or droid 2 or whatever comes next. Then I might still wait for the one after that. My current phone works great. I'm in no rush....yet:)

OP
mrdorunjr

mrdorunjr

Reaction score
hmm interesting, that doesnt sound TOO bad...i guess ill do the same, ill wait till the end of the summer or so, see what happens, im sure there will be more deals, or phones for that matter by then...