People/Contacts Won't Load!

TedK04

Reaction score
Whenever I go to view my contacts in the People application, it says "Loading..." but is still blank after an hour. Is there any way to get my phone to work properly?

Bob Dammit

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is this a recent problem? My first guess would to be sure your account is syncing your contacts. From the home screen, hit menu, settings, accounts & sync. Tap on your gmail account and make sure "Sync Contacts" is checked. Once it is checked, hit menu, sync now. Give it a few minutes to sync and check your contacts. If that doesnt work, you will need to do a factory reset and see if that fixes it.

dils

Reaction score
Similar problem here - droid x - stock contacts app opens for 2 seconds and closes before showing any contacts. any solutions?

lsysamc

Reaction score
Has anyone found a solution for this? Mine acts the same opens for 2 seconds then closes. If I go thru the phone app then select contacts it works. Only from the home screen does it not work.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

dils

Reaction score
I figured out my issue - I had installed an app called ScanBizCards Biz Card Reader. I scanned in 1 card, which added the info to my contacts - and also created a contact "group". Turned out the problem was my new "group" was not being read correctly by the contacts. Once I deleted th group (using Gangbook app) my contacts work fine. If you have created any new contact groups lately try deleting it and see if that works.