People/Contacts problem

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
A lot of my contacts aren't showing up when I go into my "people" app initially. They're there when I do a menu > search, but not initially. Everything is correctly checked and synced in my settings.
Anybody having a similar issue? Anyone know of a solution?
Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

tituswife

Reaction score
A lot of my contacts aren't showing up when I go into my "people" app initially. They're there when I do a menu > search, but not initially. Everything is correctly checked and synced in my settings.
Anybody having a similar issue? Anyone know of a solution?
Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt using DroidForums

My People app hasn't worked for few weeks. Thankfully, I have contact widgets that still work. I can't add or edit contacts. HTC said to clear any cache and all data from People app (NOT Contacts app!). That didn't work, so, of course there next solution was ... wait for it ... FACTORY RESET!!! I'm waiting for GB update, to see if that fixes it. Not a solution for you, but a little empathy, at least!

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt

OP
ForensicDroid

ForensicDroid

Reaction score
So here's what I did. I reloaded contacts from files on my SD cards. Turns out I had 3 or 4 different files with contact information on my card. So then I had 2-3 of the same contact, then the phone started to sync and added 1-2 more of the same contact. It was a disaster.
So what I did was turned sync off, which is great because I've got a lot of contacts on the computer since google saves as a contact everyone that's ever sent you an email even if you don't want them to. Then I completely erased all my contacts on the phone. Then I reloaded the contacts from one of the files and just went through the contacts to make sure I had the important ones and added any that I knew were missing.
That was it. I think I've got it back the way I want it now. Then I backed it up.
So now it's the way I want it....and I don't have it syncing.

tituswife

Reaction score
Do you mean syncing with Backup Assistant? In my experience, it won't stay off. You can go into app, and clear cache and data periodically. By the way, my People app is working now, out of the blue. Your post reminded me I need to do an SD card backup of contacts.

Sent from my stock Thunderbolt