People app sorting outlook contacts bug

adam355

Reaction score
I think I may have found a bug where your nexus will change the sorting of your outlook 2010 contacts. All I have to do is go into the people app on my phone and edit a contact. Then you can go into account setting and force sync contacts for corporate email. Right before my eyes the contact card in outlook will move because the sorting will change. If in outlook the card is sorted as "last name, first name" it will change to "first name last name" and visa versa. I have confirmed this on two different nexus phones and two different outlook 2010 accounts using exchange 2010. The worst part about this is even though it has resorted to first name last name it still shows the file as setting at last name, first name.

Has anyone experienced this issue as well? How do I go about reporting this to Google? It is a real pain that every time I edit a contact on my phone it changes how its sorted in my outlook.

Thanks

Last edited:

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think I may have found a bug where your nexus will change the sorting of your outlook 2010 contacts. All I have to do is go into the people app on my phone and edit a contact. Then you can go into account setting and force sync contacts for corporate email. Right before my eyes the contact card in outlook will move because the sorting will change. If in outlook the card is sorted as "last name, first name" it will change to "first name last name" and visa versa. I have confirmed this on two different nexus phones and two different outlook 2010 accounts using exchange 2010. The worst part about this is even though it has resorted to first name last name it still shows the file as setting at last name, first name.

Has anyone experienced this issue as well? How do I go about reporting this to Google? It is a real pain that every time I edit a contact on my phone it changes how its sorted in my outlook.

Thanks

Looks like this would do?? Not sure, but it seems right: https://sites.google.com/a/android.com/opensource/report-bugs

OP
A

adam355

Reaction score
Thanks. Its for developers but I will give it a shot