Penn State Game Today

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Shadez, Nov 12, 2011.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Anyone planning to watch the game? Gonna be weird watching it without Paterno on the sidelines...

2. Heywood

Heywood Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm watching it and placing my bet on Nebraska

3. Shadez

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Yea, I'm kind of wondering how the players will play. It's a whole new ball game for them. Also want to see if the fans do the 'Sea of Blue" to honor the victims.

4. Shadez

Ratings:
    +204
    Current Phone Model:
    HTC One M8
    Twitter:
    @Shadez69
    Well looking good for Nebraska so far..

5. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +757
    Current Phone Model:
    Samsung Galaxy s4
    Was never into college football, but following other sports and ESPN, it was impossible not to hear of Paterno. I know what he's accomplished and I respect him, but not reporting these sickening acts has changed my perspective of him a bit. I know he kept quiet for the better of the school and its image, but it's those kinds of situations that NEEED to be reported.

6. pc747

pc747 DF Administrator Staff Member Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +1,613
    didnt watch.. kind of hard to care about psu now. Until they fire everyone in the administration that was there and knew about it I could care less. Infact the NCAA need to levy the death penalty. USC, ohio state, and other big programs lose games and scholarships for inproper benefits. Well in my opinion giving a kid some extra money and gifts on the side may be against the rules but no one is physically hurt by that. Having children be molested and no one speak up is a tragedy. The amount of kids who had their lives ruined by that sick person is sad and we only know about the ones who spoke out. If Joe Pa and the staff would have stepped up and demanded justice no telling how many othe kids lives could have been saved. I read the grand jury report and if you can stomach it read it and I guarentee you that if you are a human being you would feel differently about all involved.
    Not having names on the backs of your jersey so not be an indindividual, or not allowing pride stickers, going with the all white helmets and signifying the team is bigger than the individual, doing every thing be the rules of ncaa competition....all of that does not mean a thing if when the time comes and you are in a position in life to live up to those values and as an institution you chose not to. These are kids....10 yrs old were at risk and was sent their with the belief that they could have their lives changed....and yet the life changing event was not what anyone would have expected. If you have children it makes you weary that you can not allow your kids to go to places that should have been safe. I am sick and every one who read the grand jury report that I know feels the same. I personally could not get all the way through the report it was just too much to imagine what those kids had to endure. Infact I am going to have to end this post here for fear I will say something that would violate our family friend rules.:angry: