PEGBv6.5 - systemUI.apk pulldown animation compile error

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by rabbitfoot, Jul 22, 2011.

1. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

hey all,

i'm trying to create an animated pulldown for the newest PEGBv6.5 (thank you to the whole team for your hard work!) but keep getting this error when compiling:

Code:
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar.xml:17: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'textAppearance' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker').
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\layout\status_bar.xml:18: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'textAppearance' with value '@android:style/TextAppearance.StatusBar.Ticker').
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res\drawable\stat_sys_gps_acquiring_anim.xml:5: error: Error: Resource is not public. (at 'drawable' with value '@android:drawable/stat_sys_gps_on').
    Exception in thread "main" brut.androlib.AndrolibException: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8724591594580366028.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Owner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:193)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResourcesFull(Androlib.java:301)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.buildResources(Androlib.java:248)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:171)
    	at brut.androlib.Androlib.build(Androlib.java:154)
    	at brut.apktool.Main.cmdBuild(Main.java:174)
    	at brut.apktool.Main.main(Main.java:59)
    Caused by: brut.common.BrutException: could not exec command: [aapt, p, -F, C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\APKTOOL8724591594580366028.tmp, -I, C:\Users\Owner\apktool\framework\1.apk, -S, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\res, -M, C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\SystemUI.apk\AndroidManifest.xml]
    	at brut.util.OS.exec(OS.java:83)
    	at brut.androlib.res.AndrolibResources.aaptPackage(AndrolibResources.java:191)
    	... 6 more
    The system cannot find the file specified.
    i can't even get the systemUI.apk to compile w/o making any changes to it. i used Alastrionia's animated pulldown animation that he made for PE (love all your work, mate.).

any help is greatly appreciated.

best,
    rf
  2. Alastrionia

Alastrionia Sourcery Themer / Designr Theme Developer Premium Member

Rabbit,

you're using the stock systemUI from this release correct?
    and just making the changes as I did in the thread I made for animated pulldowns?

I just got done making another one for my Medieval release and didn't have any issues.
    check and see if in the status bar tracking xml if there is an added "\" mark on those text appearance lines. With APK 4.9 sometimes it adds that in when it shouldn't and that can cause issues.
  3. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

hey, thanks for the help. pm'ed you back :)

best,
    rf
  4. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

5. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

How's your theme coming besides that? I'm excited to get some honeycomb action going

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums
  6. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

it's going well. i'm having some issues with the thin progress bar and won't have much time to work on it until tonight (dance lesson w/ my fiance soon).

inverted text and all the images are looking good, though. we all know the thin progress bars are what we live for :)

best,
    rf

*edit* alastronia is awesome. systemUI.apk is a go. everything is looking good. just need to fix the thin progress bars when i get some time :)
  7. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

In order to get the thin progrss bars, you need to add the pngs and edit the XMLs while decompiled, and those need to be recompiled along with the resources.arsc...
  8. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

hey MBK,

i tried that and this is what i'm getting:
    Code:
    'mode' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    java version "1.6.0_24"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_24-b07)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 19.1-b02, mixed mode, sharing)
    W: Could not find sources
    I: Checking whether resources has changed...
    I: Building resources...
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           No marked region found along edge.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_bg_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_primary_holo_light.9.png
    ERROR: 9-patch image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png malformed.
           Found along top edge.
    ERROR: Failure processing PNG image C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\drawable-hdpi\progress_secondary_holo_light.9.png
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2779: error: Public symbol drawable/activity_title_bar declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2557: error: Public symbol drawable/app_icon_background declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2656: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_down_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2657: error: Public symbol drawable/arrow_up_float declared here is not defined.
    C:\Users\Owner\Documents\droYd\apk_manager_4.9\other\..\projects\framework-res.apk\res\values\public.xml:2780: error: Public symbol drawable/battery_charge_background declared here is not defined.
    maybe i'm doing something wrong with draw9patch?

thanks,
    rf
  9. Mbk

Mbk Android For Life Theme Developer Premium Member

Sounds like you aren't defining one of the guides
  10. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

yup, it was the .9.png's!

thank you, again!

best,
    rf