PE6 phone vibration issue on call pickup

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by vnvjeep, Jun 14, 2011.

1. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have an issue that was introduced with PE6 where the phone won't stop vibrating after picking up a call. It doesn't happen all the time though. I noticed today that when it happens, that none of the buttons (like hangup, speaker,etc) are present on the screen. Almost like it got stuck trying to display these buttons, and is still in the mode of "ringing"? I hope this helps troubleshoot this issue incase it hasn't been solved yet...

Thanks
    -MIKE

2. rabbitfoot

rabbitfoot Member

Ratings:
    +2
    this known issue is driving me insane.

i'd love a fix for it in v6. is it still present in v6.5?

best,
    rf

3. anthony4286

anthony4286 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm having the same issues
    Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

4. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    trying a different kernel

As a last ditch effort, I'm playing around with different kernels to see if that makes any difference. I tried Pete's 900mhz LV kernel... no dice. I just installed the stock PE 1ghz SV kernel and sofar things are good but I will need at least another day or two to make sure.

Update: no joy on this either... Frak! Not sure what will solve this, so I'm going to chalk this up as a bug that hopefully actngrezy and mojo can fix in PE6.5?

5. Buster Nuts

Buster Nuts New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    alright, totally dumb question....under your call settings, do any of you have "vibrate on answer" checked?

i have it unchecked and have never once had this issue...

6. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting theory! I'll certainly give this a shot, and report back to you on this... :)

Thanks,
    -Mike

7. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    OK... this seems to have solved my vibration issue on call pickup, but it appears I have something else going on with my phone app. Thanks! But,when I hung up, the app FC'd and hung my phone... thing started getting super hot and wouldn't recover. Had to pull the battery. This happens on occasion even before I turned off the vibration setting. Anyone else see this happen?

8. Buster Nuts

Buster Nuts New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    download autokiller or another task killer and see what processes are running. for instance, my phone had terrible battery life and was running super hot....checked my autokiller and the new google music beta app is running 2x 6mb processes. hmmmm....odd, i thought. so i uninstalled that puppy and all was cured.

i think the google app issue may have something to do with the fact that my library is still uploading, btw. will try it out again once the upload is completed.

9. Force1stiptopped

Force1stiptopped Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have had this happen on every gingerbread rom I have used, very irritating. I tried turning off "vibrate on answer" to no avail. Hopefully this is something fixed soon.

10. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I hate to report that even with those boxes unchecked, a vibrating call still managed to come in. Whacky. 9 times out of 10 it will hang my phone before the call takes place or after I hang up. Probably one of the most frustrating bugs ever. Sucka not being able to take calls. ;( i have full faith in actngrezy and mojo!

11. Buster Nuts

Buster Nuts New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    i'd start looking at free memory then...get autokiller from the market and see what processes and services you have running and how much free mem is avail. also, what apps do you have locked in memory?

12. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've got about 31mb free at all times. I recently loaded the v6 supercharger script to see if that helped, and it didn't. But it lets me use maps and Pandora at the same time! ;) I use ADW and have fancy widget pro running. I don't have any apps locked into memory. V6 seemed to help with that and don't see any apps closing on me. I don't use any task
    killers either.

13. Buster Nuts

Buster Nuts New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    ok, doesnt sound like a memory issue then....esp if you can run pandora and maps at the same time.

have you tried not using adw? just trying to think of things that are different from the stock rom...the launcher would be a big one. maybe try a different one and see if that helps...?

14. vnvjeep

vnvjeep New Member

Ratings:
    +0

Not sure how a laucher would affect how the thing takes phone calls, ya know? I just came across something interesting. If I take my phone off from vibrate, and just use sound, I cannot get it to break! I just took 10 test phone calls in a row... I'll keep giving this a shot, and will report back.

15. Force1stiptopped

Force1stiptopped Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Just as a side note, ive noticed the same with taking it off vibrate and into sound fixing the problem. As a small band-aid fix for this problem try pushing the volume rockers to turn vibrate off before u answer the call. This has kept the issue contained for me until there is a fix.

Search tags for this page

android phone keeps virating hang up

android phone vibrates during call pickup

call pick vibrate