1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PE4.2 - Get with the ##PROGRAM, Lose your 3G

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Captain Crypto, Jun 14, 2011.

1. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto New Member

Greetings. I'm lovin' PE4.2, anxiously awaiting PE6 release. So there I was, trying to improve my audio quality, and I lost my 3G. I entered the Programming Menu (dial ##PROGRAM, enter 000000 for the password), selected option "04 Vocode" and changed the setting from EVRC to 13K. This is supposed to increase voice quality during the call (it actually does). However, when I rebooted the phone I couldn't get any 3G. I don't mean it dropped to 1x, I mean I lost all data. :huh:

My house is in a bit of a dead zone (although a new Verizon 4G tower is located .5 miles from my house, but I live in a bowl), so I moved around the house to get better signal. I rebooted twice, and was able to get 3G up again. Problem is, it's intermittent.

Has anyone seen this before, either with stock ROM or PE or any other ROM? Just curious - I plan to mess around with it and see what else I can discover. Fun stuff.
  2. Zepius

Zepius New Member

you messed with the radio settings. its not the rom.
  3. Captain Crypto

Captain Crypto New Member

Well I figured it's not the ROM, but since I'm running PE I figured I'd post it here.

I'll take your word for it regarding messing with the radio. I thought I was messing only with the speech codec, but I'm assuming based on your response that the codec is directly tied to the radio in some way? I gotta do some more reading...

4. illmatic636

illmatic636 New Member

dial *228 opt 2 and you should be good.