PE V5 ADW redraw slowdown (& other misc)

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by gertman, Feb 25, 2011.

1. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I upgraded from V4.2 and I did a full wipe and restore per GirlLuvsDroid special.

Now here are all the issues I have experienced:

1. The biggest problem I have is that my ADW setting appear to be the same as when I was running EliteV4.2 but now I am getting delay refresh / redraw when I go into an app and then go back to the home screen. (I hope everyone knows what I am talking about.....the fix was always to "force the home screen in memory" and stop and stop rotating it. Now that I think about it, wasn't there a separate settings in the Elite settings that is supposed to keep the home screen in memory? Well, I can't find it in version 5. Can anyone please help with this?

2. My blue tooth settings would not restore (I know no big deal but I have never had trouble before using GirlLuvsDroid's instructions)

3. The Weather Channel App will not work :( Now, I did have some trouble since they updated to the new version of the app when I was using elite4.2 Now I can not get my widget to update anything but the city I am in and the actual app just keeps closing on me. Also I can NOT get the current temp of my home location pinned in the status bar.

Thank you in advance for all your help and a great ROM!!

2. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Weather app hasn't worked for me on any Tom for about two weeks now, its the app not the rom

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

3. skruid

skruid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use launcher pro and have no redraw or lag issues with it at all, I have home locked memory, and never have any issues

4. Mistar Muffin

Mistar Muffin New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I have the same problem. I have LP with 3 homescreens which are empty save for 3 icons on the main one. I can open settings->applications and view my list of installed applications, but when I hit home, the launcher has to redraw. I can reproduce it like clockwork. Opening Market, Gmail, and the browser all cause the launcher to be killed from memory and have to reload. I had this problem like crazy with CM6 and P.E. 4.2 was the best rom I ever used as far as the lack of redraws. I tried BuglessBeast, Sapphire, you name it, but P.E. was best. Now I get constant redraws on a fresh install of P.E. 5. I have tried troubleshooting. I removed apps that use background services like weatherbug and tasker to try and free up RAM. No luck yet.

5. parker34

parker34 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    do you have it set to lock LP in memory? You are probably going to get more redraw with any GB rom due to it taking more memory to run than Froyo...or at least that's how I take it

6. gertman

gertman Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does elite v5 have an option to lock the home launcher in memory? If so, does anybody know where in settings it is? I know adw has an option to do this and I already have it set.

7. diggy488

diggy488 Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm using ADW EX and do not have any issues with redraw. Very fast and stable when exiting an app and going back to home screen. My settings were carried over from 4.2 and I didn't have to configure anything. Maybe try resetting ADW to defaults and start over?

8. tyrion

tyrion New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am having the same issues. Will the fix used in froyo through terminal emmulator work?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

9. Chizzele

Chizzele Team Sourcery Developer

Ratings:
    +17
    ADW can be looked in the memory to help with the redraw issue. It the option that is marked is risky.

The easiest way to avoid all these issues is simply to go back to a Froyo based Rom. I dont understand the need to have a 2.3.x rom that is buggy, its pointless.

2.4 would work better once it out, till then, i am on 2.2.2

10. niand

niand New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I was having the same issue with ADW EX and it was also sluggish and laggy. I tried launcher pro and it worked ok but I don't like it as well so I just flashed back to 4.2, Gingerbread is so overrated. I tried the terminal emulator method too but it didn't work.

11. gerend

gerend Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well, that is due to this horrid update they rolled out a few weeks ago. On their market page, they even admit that there are gingerbread issues for them to fix. I would recommend rolling back to an older version of TWC if you have it, or just dump it like apparently 1000's of others have done and start getting used to something else, like WeatherBug. I know, not the best solution but this is definitely NOT a PE thing.

12. dfuser312553

dfuser312553 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It is already enabled in PEv5.

13. jim1974

jim1974 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Good for you, but maybe others want to be on a GB ROM because they can.

14. Phatdaddyz01

Phatdaddyz01 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    How to fix redraws: VM heapsize @ 60 + Compcache @ 26% + Minfree manager (free in the Market) set to Aggressive = ZERO redraws & blazing fast phone!

15. devator22

devator22 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    There was a redraw fix posted in the ChevyNo1 forum a while back, and I have been using it ever since with great results. Use Root Explorer to take the adw.apk from data/app and put it in system/app. Reboot, then delete launcherpro.apk from system/app. The reason I say reboot is that if you do this, and delete the working launcher without knowing for sure if ADW will still work, then you might end up soft-bricking your phone, as in there will be no launcher, so you can't do anything without going back to a backup.

Doing it this way, you don't have to lock it in memory, you don't have to change any settings, it just works. I haven't had a redraw in a long, long time.