1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PE V4.1; Need insight on kernals and changing the boot animation. Help?

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by IRON_CATASTROPHE, Jan 9, 2011.

1. IRON_CATASTROPHE

IRON_CATASTROPHE New Member

:blackdroid: So OBVIOUSLY im running PE 4.1 (awesome) but i need some insight and help on a few things. how would i go about finding a kernal that will help me sustain some great battery life while using this ROM

AND

In the elite options, theres the boot animation installation page...but it doesnt tell me if any of the boots downloaded....so how would i got about downloading and changing my boot successfully?

THANKSdancedroid
  2. Martin030908

Martin030908 Super Moderator

Try using the cvpcs kernel (from Sapphire) instead of the Slayher... that increased my battery life noticeably.
  3. IRON_CATASTROPHE

Can you direct me in finding that kernal? and maybe how to install it cause ive never played around with kernals before
  4. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

5. IRON_CATASTROPHE

Which Kernal did you use from cvps?
  6. adsfa34

adsfa34 New Member

For the best battery life, dl the 125-800LV (low voltage) and the 250-800LV. Try the 125-800 first and see how your phone reacts. Some people report issues with waking the phone with the 125 lv.

If you experience problems just flash the 250-800 over it the same way you did with the first, no wipe.

When you run at a lower voltage, your cpu uses less energy to run at the same speed = more battery life.

Not sure if these have the interactive governor but you can check/change governor options that in Elite options. Also, make sure to check that your min/max clock settings reflect the kernels min/max in elite options.

*If you have problems with both, flash the SV kernel. (standard voltage) -- not all Droids can handle lower voltage kernels, but most can, especially at 800 mhz max.

I'm running chevy's 2nd gen 1.2GHz ulv (ultra-low voltage) w/interactive gov and have no stability issues... :)

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  7. treybarnes66

treybarnes66 New Member

As far a the boot animation goes just watch your 3g arrows to stop flashing. I had the same problem yesterday.
  8. IRON_CATASTROPHE

cool im gonna go test that out right now man

and im gonna mess with the kernals to see what happens:)
  9. EbE404

EbE404 New Member

If you're serious about really optimizing your phone and getting the best performance and battery life out of your phone, please read this thread:

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/rescue-squad-guides/47871-overclocking-101-a.html

It's long, but it's worth it so you really understand how this stuff works.

Some general points I would highlight:

• PE has some overclocking utilities, but SetCPU gives you options like profiles that can act as fail-safes for your battery and CPU in case they get too hot.
    • All phones are different. Some like certain settings and kernels while others do not. Recommendations are good, but be preapred to do some testing with your device.
    • Make sure you back everything up before flashing a new kernel.
    • Give the kernel a couple of days before deciding what works and what doesn't on your device.
    • If you are overclocking, pay close attention to battery and CPU temps to avoid stress or damage.
    • If you load a kernel or settings that your phone really hates and you get stuck at boot DON"T PANIC, just get into recovery and restore one of the backups you made
  10. captaincanada84

captaincanada84 New Member

I'm also having the problem with the boot animations...I get the little popup telling me the boot animation is downloading...but i cant ever find out if it finished. And when I go to "Switch Boot Animation" it always says that it didnt switch.
  11. mxnut

mxnut New Member

You have to watch the 3G arrows on the notification bar. When the quit going it has completed. Then reboot.