1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PE 5: Tube effect stopped working

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by rawkingOut, Feb 24, 2011.

1. rawkingOut

rawkingOut New Member

Downloaded project elite v5 today and loving it so far.

Started messing with a bunch of settings and some how managed to disable the tube effect when you power off the screen.

Anyone know if there is a setting for this or is it a bug?
  2. jt.02

jt.02 New Member

Just make sure you have "animations" enabled or at least "some animations".
  3. rawkingOut

rawkingOut New Member

That was it. Thank you
  4. diggy488

diggy488 New Member

Thanks! This happened to me too. Works after reading your post.
  5. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 New Member

Ok, I have looked everywhere.... Where the hell is this setting?! This happened to me when I was trying to reinstall Swype. I couldn't get the installer to connect, was giving me some network error. So I was like, ok need to reboot - but instead did a hot reboot (not knowing exactly what that did at the time)... Then all my Elite settings seemed to change back to default. Sooo, I went to redo them, and noticed that also my ringtone list changed, back to what it was with my old rom. So, idk... But I have looked everywhere for that setting, I cant find it. Only thing I can find is Boot Animations.
  6. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 New Member

RIGHT AFTER I posted this, I found it in Display. I had to toggle the setting. But that still doesnt explain how my ringtone list changed after a reboot/hot reboot. I had it set on one ringtone, rebooted, and the list changed (the one I had set disappeared - no longer available) and it reverted back to my old ringtone..... Idk man.
  7. redbar0n11

redbar0n11 New Member

****I figured it out****

The reason this goes away is when you change the WINDOW ANIMATIONS settings in spare parts!!! If you change the animations to FAST, you lose the Tube Effect. Return it to NORMAL and the tube effect returns.

I thought it was a bug with the Display Settings, cuz when you toggle the animation setting in Display from All to some etc, it reverts your window animation setting in Spare Parts back to "Normal" - Thus returning your Tube Effect!

SO, solution is, LEAVE YOUR WINDOW ANIMATIONS IN SPARE PARTS TO NORMAL, you can turn up TRANSITION ANIMATIONS to "Fast". That's what I wanted anyway, I want to return to my home screen "Fast", not "Normal" as it "seems" slow that way, I like the snappiness of "Fast".

***Actngrezy/Mojo***
    Any way to segregate the Tube Effect from the Spare Parts settings??

WOOT, so happy I figured this out, it was driving me crazy, I thought I was losing settings on reboots or something...
Search tags for this page
6you5tube.comn

6you5tube

6you5tue
pe tube not functioning
tv tube sleep not working