1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PE 5.0.2 Amazing!

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by plongson, Mar 22, 2011.

1. plongson

plongson New Member

Well...I spoke too soon.

5.0.2 is proving to be a real bear. I sure hope ya'll come up with a version that is "softer" on these poor o'l D1's soon.

I lost my last 4.2 back-up so I'm kinda stuck here for a while. I'm also running out of time to work on it, gotta do some work that pays tomorrow...LOL
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2011
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I will also comment. I was pretty pleased when I flashed Project Elite, seemed to run fairly well for me. I flashed it because my D1 is having SO many issues on gingerbread roms because of its memory management. Gingerbread is SO fast and SO much better on battery, BUT it keeps killing my music apps when i try to go into other apps at the same time. Hell, I can't even listen to music and navigate in my car.

That being said, with PE's new feature to lock apps in memory, I took a drive the other day with Subsonic (music app) locked in memory and it actually kept playing for most of the journey. Very nice hack here.

I was a bit disappointed with some lacking features in the rom however. Seems that CM7 and UD have great features that I really missed in PE. Now however I am back to a froyo MIUI rom build only because I love the functionality of MIUI (first time trying it out) and froyo just seems to play nice with my Droid1... Now I can finally play music and surf the net and navigate... or whatever else. D1 is just not ready for gingerbread until someone hacks these memory issues.
  3. bigee1212

bigee1212 New Member

gingerbread seems to be too much for 256 MB of ram.. what i do is lock home and mms into memory. I hate redraws.... with 18 percent compcache enabled. this is good for day to day use and not too much multitasking.. otherwise if i know im going to be using pandora, and navigation and a lot of multitasking i turn on swapper2 with 64 mb ram, 30 swappiness (this seems to work best), best performance ever, no lag, better than froyo. you might want to try it.

PE 5.0.2 and deprimed #14.
  4. plongson

plongson New Member

These are some very good tips! I'll also give them a try.

The only thing I've found so far (a whopping two days of 5.x) is when on WI-FI my calls do 2 things:

1.) Caller ID does not work ie no name, no picture
    2.) No caller ringtone, just the default ringtone

As soon as I switch back to 3G, all is good and back to normal. It's not once and a while either but, one setting it works and the other setting it's fugged up.