PE 4.2 or UD 2.5..

Discussion in 'UltimateDroid' started by ItsTrentB, Apr 22, 2011.

1. djbrent2

djbrent2 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i've tried maybe 3 of the GB roms for a few releases and decided not to use it. i'm going to a music festival in May and don't want any GPS/nav problems or camera problems. it also ran too slow, even after locking home. i went back to PE 4.2. all of the themes are linked from one post, and there's enough that almost any one should find something. i'm on Faded. i can finally stop wiping and changing things until my Nov/Dec upgrade. i then came here and checked a couple of others for the last Froyo release and themes, but the only ROM i could find themes for was UD 2.5. there weren't very many that i saw. i chose not to use it because the lock screen had "emergency calls only" on it and because it was too much work to look for the themes. you could always ignore that or go back even further, but then you need to scan through a lot of posts to try to find themes that might not even have links. i hope my next phone is the Galaxy S2. my OG has the faulty headphone jack, which got me looking for a pmp. i'll buy a Cowon D3 with Android in June! no more blank discs, Alpine IVA-W505 can stop telling me "disc error" and PS3 can stop being terrible for video playback. :icon_ banana:

2. lindel

lindel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    After a quick install of UD 2.5, Weatherbug Elite also works with it! So, for me, it'll either be PE 4.2, or UD 2.5.

I do like the GB roms, but they're too unstable or not functional for stuff that I want/need. I'll stick with froyo for a while longer, probably til I upgrade.

3. ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB Member

Ratings:
    +4
    There are 28 themes for UD 2.5.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ultimatedroid/105852-themes-ultimate-droid-2-5-0-all-devices-updated-2-11-11-a.html..

P.E. 4.2 themes.. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/project-elite/130610-pe-4-2-themes-links.html

but like we all kinda mentioned, PE is a lot more stable & faster and has enough themes for now & thas why I'm back on PE. I hope there's a P.E. 4.3 upgrade.. that would be legit.. Me & GB will have to meet up again late summer when my upgrade is available.

#15 ItsTrentB, Apr 23, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  4. jessemhess

jessemhess Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm waiting for Gimp Source to Finnish 4.0 Froyo ROM. Gimp is know for extremely fast, stable, bloat free roms. I'm hopping it will be done in the next week.

5. RockinRealtor

RockinRealtor New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    PE 4.2 has been the most stable for me and I've tried CM6, UD (can't remember the version, but it was Froyo) and Liquid, but I'm not sure Liquid was Froyo, may have been Gingerbread. The only problems I have with it (but the same with all of them) is maps loads and then when I start typing an address or a search it lets me type a couple of characters and then closes. Voice search seems to get around this but it's still a little annoying...

6. ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I never hear anyone talk about Gimp Source. What has been the biggest issues with it?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

7. ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB Member

Ratings:
    +4
    I've had the same problem with Maps too.. or it freezes..It just happened to me recently and its frustrating.. How was Liquid?

8. jeffcicale

jeffcicale Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm back to UD 2.5 because everything seems to work for me on it. It's faster than PE for me but had no real issues with PE so its a tough one. I've tried every single gingerbread rom and all of which had their own benefits but were unstable for the long haul. I'm really glad somebody started this thread because I'd also like to know if there are any roms built from the latest source code (FRG83G).

9. bendystrawboy

bendystrawboy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Pe for me, I wish a dev would just take over pe4 for us, I just don't see why someone can't just change the mem management thresholds in gbread

10. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +69
    Davros is working on gimp source 4 which is the most current source (frg83g).

11. ItsTrentB

ItsTrentB Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Yeah I started this one because I was curious on which rom did people like better. I kinda feed off that. honestly, i was feeling PE since the start but U.D. was the very first ROM ive ever used and I was excited.. It was like I had a brand new phone..

From what I hear, Gimpsource is indeed working on 4.0 & it's supposed to be a big one so keep an eye out for that.

12. jrracinfan

jrracinfan Member

Ratings:
    +3
    Hey Trent

Actually after running pe4 and chevy's ss 5 for several months I switched over to us 2.5 and am not looking back. Even tried out sourcery and it was a little laggy on my d1. Been going between Pete's latest and rz's 800 max lv kernel. Something I found with my d1, it loves low volts. Well im now rambling bottom line. UD 2.5 It may not be quite as snappy but has tons more features involved.

#24 jrracinfan, May 31, 2011
    Last edited: May 31, 2011
Search tags for this page

alpine iva-w505 android

twitter.com/ohh trenton