.PDF - why is this not working?

moveright

Reaction score
so, before I traded in my blackberry bold and got this phone, verizon tech support told me that the droid 2 having built in native flash, would open pdf files in websites.

not true. I click on a pdf link and it says "downloading". then I look at the download and it says that it was unsuccessful. What gives?

Is there a way to click on a pdf link and have it open the pdf in a new window or something?

Dragoro

Reaction score
Try clicking on it again. Sometimes i get that unsucessfull message, but most times no probs. Ive read a ton of pdfs sent by email to me.

OP
M

moveright

Reaction score
Try clicking on it again. Sometimes i get that unsucessfull message, but most times no probs. Ive read a ton of pdfs sent by email to me.

Oh, I need to clarify. I am able to read pdf's in email. there is a little button that says "preview" and when I click that, I can view the file.

I am talking about a pdf that is a link in a web site. when I click on the link, it says "downloading" for a second or two, then nothing happens and I click on the down arrow in the upper left part of the screen (in the notification bar), and it says "download unsuccessful". no matter how many times I click that or any other pdf file on a web page, that's what it says.