pdanet tether works on un rooted droid

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by patb@ls-usa.com, Mar 23, 2010.

1. patb@ls-usa.com

patb@ls-usa.com New Member

[​IMG] has been one of the most popular software for Windows Mobile phones, Palm OS phones and iPhones. It is now ported to the Android system! PdaNet provides you with FULL Internet access so all your email, instant message programs will work without any setting changes. Supports both USB Tether and Bluetooth DUN. PdaNet does NOT require root access or hacking your phone's firmware in order to work. It is just a regular Android application that works on all Android phones as-is. Tethering is fast, secure and USB mode will also charge your phone at the same time. Your phone can either connect to 3G data, WiFi, or even through VPN and PdaNet will share the connection with your computer.
    New! Version 2.41 adds an SMS Agent for sending/receiving SMS on Windows.
    Version 2.17 fixes ftp, force close/connection drops and Bluetooth DUN. Al

2. JCo352

JCo352 New Member

I think this is a well known fact around DF.
  3. Jim 777

Jim 777 Active Member

Yup, anyone who's been here a while knows and probably uses PDAnet.

And, welcome.
  4. jacobrv

jacobrv New Member

Yeah, pdaNet gets talked about quite a bit around here. Though I didn't know they added SMS support, that's neat. I used to use it, but now I usually use wireless tethering, because I'm too lazy to take out my cable, and I usually only need it for a few minutes of light browsing anyways.
  5. Skaggz

Skaggz New Member

It doesn't give you FULL internet access after the first 30 days. You have to pay a one time fee of $30 to access https pages. Not a bad deal though if you're using it at home.

Why is this in the Hacks section anyway? It doesn't require root access. Pretty sure most people that have rooted use WiFi Tethering and they already know about PDAnet.
Search tags for this page
does pdanet root your phone
pda net force close computer
pda software sms agent
pdanet not working after rooting

pdanet vs rooting

will pdanet work on rooted phones