pdanet problem

cybric

Reaction score
I think pdanet has a 32 bit version.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

ebourlet

Reaction score
Verizon doesn't charge to use USB tether only for wireless hotspot. No PDA NET needed if you have Verizon.

ainzwurth

Reaction score
Im having problems getting the native usb tether to work with windows xp. Any advice?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

busht

Reaction score
Here you go, from post #11 in this thread.

Yes, it allows you to surf the net on your laptop. "Mobile Hotspot" allows more than one device to be tethered at a time while USB only allows one. You can tether another phone or a tablet with the Mobile Hotspot too. Different features for different people.

Well I tried the instructions posted by bigmook and did exactly what the instructions said. When I go the tethering and mobile hotspot and select the USD tethering it says USB not connected. Is this the a computer issue or phone issue?

Mer2112

Reaction score
Computer I would say. Do you have it set to "charge only" on your phone?

Well I tried the instructions posted by bigmook and did exactly what the instructions said. When I go the tethering and mobile hotspot and select the USD tethering it says USB not connected. Is this the a computer issue or phone issue?

brroid

Reaction score
Just signed up to comment here...I use pdanet, and installed it following instructions at junefabrics.com.
After installing I had trouble with constant loss of connection. Long story short, if I set the screen timeout to 'never' before I connect, problem solved. Connection would drop when the screen timed out. I sent a note to the developer, got a 'thanks'.

busht

Reaction score
Computer I would say. Do you have it set to "charge only" on your phone?

Mer2112
I followed your instructions and on the USB tethering without PDANet and I still cannot get Internet through my computer. Any suggestions? I plug the phone in with the original USB cable.

bigmook

Reaction score
Connect usb. Settings<wireless networks<hotspots and tethering<usb tethering. And it should work. It doesn't automatically start

busht

Reaction score
Connect usb. Settings<wireless networks<hotspots and tethering<usb tethering. And it should work. It doesn't automatically start

I am doing that and it does not work. On the phone I am going to wireless networks<hotspots and tether and when I put the check box the usb device on the phone turns green but the laptop will not connect and cannot connect to the Internet. Any suggestions.

Thanks

bigmook

Reaction score
What are you running in your laptop? I have no problem on widnows seven. It might be your computer

busht

Reaction score
What are you running in your laptop? I have no problem on widnows seven. It might be your computer

I am running Windows 7 64bit. Brand new laptop.

bigmook

Reaction score
Huh I am sorry man I don't know. All I can suggest is open network connections and click refresh. And set up the connection. Other than that I am clueless