PDAnet not working droid 2

robert0712

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten PDA Net to work with their Droid 2?

I followed all the instructions and it does not work. Error 633 state=0. I tried disabling all other modems and restarting like the FAQs said but it did not work? The first time I hooked up my Droid 2 I got an error that one of the device driver installs didn't work but all the rest did. The second time I connected it my computer installed more device drivers so I think it may have correctly installed the one that didn't work the first time. So if anyone who installed and has used PDAnet with their Droid 2 let me know.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I see this is your first post, but for future reference cross posting (posting the same thing twice, or in this case three times) is not allowed at the forums, it just adds confusion and limits direct attention to your issues

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I do not have a Droid 2 but I would think that Verizon would have some block for that with the Droid 2 I guess you would have to use the stock wired tether in Froyo 2.2, but then you may have to pay extra for that. i am sure Verizon is going to force D2 users to pay extra for tethering.

OP
R

robert0712

Reaction score
I do not have a Droid 2 but I would think that Verizon would have some block for that with the Droid 2 I guess you would have to use the stock wired tether in Froyo 2.2, but then you may have to pay extra for that. i am sure Verizon is going to force D2 users to pay extra for tethering.

They didn't mention it at the store and the verizon lady was the one who actually downloaded the pdanet app for me on the droid 2 since she had a droid 1 and was preloading mine with some apps

OP
R

robert0712

Reaction score
no internet access

Ok. So now it has connected to the phone but the internet does not work. It is a unidentified network and says no internet access.

rgb2448

Reaction score
Did you install pda net on your computer. If not go to junefabrics.com and download it and install it on your computer. There are 2 downloads, one for 32 bit and 64 bit.

OP
R

robert0712

Reaction score
yeah. i have the program on my phone and computer and it has connected fine to the phone. but under networks there is no no internet access.

JohnnyDepth

Reaction score

They didn't mention it at the store and the verizon lady was the one who actually downloaded the pdanet app for me on the droid 2 since she had a droid 1 and was preloading mine with some apps

Just a head's up (and not all VZN employee are alike) -think snowflakes-

You will be told any/everything to get a new phone.
Most people just assume a D1 will work like a D2 and vice versa,
but in truth this is definitely not the case.

If you can be patient (assuming you do not want to pay Verizon extra)
for tethering you can wait until the D2 is rooted to allow
the wired apk at code.google to be installed. It is only a matter of time,
patience and effort before the D2 is cracked.