PdaNet keeps disconnecting!!!!!!

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
There is a known issue with 4.4 across the board. Having said that, try an experiment. Change your phone network setting to use 4g, rather than 4glte, and see if it disconnects less frequently. But they have announced Kit Kat as being incompatible.
I don't see a 4G option for my networks. The other options are WCDMA/GSM, GSM, WCDMA.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
FoxFi works on all versions of KitKat. You may need to go into the Play Store and update to the latest version, but it should work. I haven't had any problems with it disconnecting . (knock on wood) Good luck guys!

tap'n on my S5

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
FoxFi works on all versions of KitKat. You may need to go into the Play Store and update to the latest version, but it should work. I haven't had any problems with it disconnecting . (knock on wood) Good luck guys!

tap'n on my S5
. Not sure if that's the issue... I'm running the most recent version of the app.

tap'n on my S5

Just tried FoxFi (I have the full version key as well); it stays connected for a little longer, but still disconnects after a while. I notice that when it disconnects is when Android File Transfer opens automatically.

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999L)

tap'n on my S5

I'm thinking you are just lucky. Seriously, the developer has a notice on version 4.4 on their website FAQ dealing with compatibility. Now, what I would love to know is what provider you are using and if you are doing so on 4.4. Hey, this is like an Agatha Christie novel! Thanks for jumping in on this, CR!

renecalvo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC ONE
Twitter
renecalvo
Try reinstalling the laptop application that pairs with your phone. You may have missed an update. I just fixed it for my mac. Or at least it seems stable again now. PdaNet Desktop for Mac] Many years have passed since the original post but this problem keeps resurfacing as hardware and software evolve.

Unauthorized link removed by forum staff

Last edited by a moderator:

renecalvo

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC ONE
Twitter
renecalvo
Don't forget to uninstall the old one first. read directions carefully.

torikul

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5
Twitter
@AppOfTheDayUS
Is it premium version?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Wait PDA net is still around, man that was my go to back during the old Droid days before the "wifi tethering for root users" app.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
PDA net bought out FoxFi some time ago.

S5 tap'n
They did but are still two separate services for some reason.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

magicguy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Aristo
OK, I know this is an old thread, hopefully someone out there searching for the same issue finds this...I have the same issue, it worked fine for weeks, almost a month straight, then started dropping randomly, could go hours, could go a couple min. I went to the app from dos and can run PdaNetPC,.exe when it drops and it will reconnect, which is great, if I run it while it is connected it will give me a popup from the desktop client that it appears to have not properly disconnected, reboot will clear that up...not what I want, and I can't schedule it to every 10 min run the program as I don't want to come back to the pc and have to close a dozen warning boxes...another problem I can't ping anything externally, I guess I should explain my set up, android running app, connected USB so this computer can browse etc fine, then hardwired from my onboard pc nic to my wireless router which then shares back with the entire house from the shared USB PDANet Modem it sees, which is what I want, I can roku wirelessly in 3 rooms, wireless laptops, tablets, cell in on wireless just like I was paying for brighthouse or comcast...problem is when it disconnects. However due to routing and gateway issues???I can't ping say www.disney.com as it I guess uses my wireless on board card connected to my router so I can see the rest of my home network, no never mind I'm remoted into another box that can browse etc from the shared hardwired connection but also can't ping externally but can browse externally, so I can't create a script on any box that will check for internet and restart the desktop app if ping fails? Any ideas, I know ECMO Ping Monitor Pro will do it, but it's $99 just to test it???and free won't let me change the gateway to only use the PDANet Modem gateway to ping to see if there is internet traffic.....any ideas would be helpful, even if someone knew of a free Windows Application Log scanner than can trigger a script, here is the error from the log when PDANet+ drops it's connection The user PCNAME\admin dialed a connection named PdaNet Modem which has terminated. The reason code returned on termination is 829. I have server log analyzing software from work but don't want to install this huge database intrusive network monitoring software at home just for this 1 app that does have build in the desktop client, auto connect when attached, but that only autoconnects when the phone is unplugged and plugged back in, so no I can't create a scheduled event that every 15 min ejects and then searches for the phone still plugged in as I could be down for 14 min at a time. Also typing this and playing, my girlfriend just came in from the bedroom where she was texting me and calling my on my other cell to let me know that 5 min ago when I ran the program with it already running kills the internet, so I can't just schedule an event to run it every 5 min....plus that would like I just did screw up here binge watching of Grey's Anatomy....any help would be appreciated, I've just from what I've read posted more examples of possibilities and the fact that scripting the program to run if it drops reconnects it, that's not on their website or any forums, hope that helps.....

magicguy

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG Aristo
Ok, crossing my fingers...I remembered WMI which is what most of the tools I use at work use to create triggers when monitoring server logs, then I remembered and never thought of using as we have all that HP, NetIQ, Remedy, etc software running across multiple platforms, looking at the application logs in windows 7 where I have the desktop client running with the phone attached, when the USB connection drops it logs a RasClient 20226 error...conection named PdaNet Modem which has terminated, etc, if you right click on that log entry, you can attach an event, you don't have to use eventcreate as you are only going to run the client to force it to connect, computer manager has a built in gui to attach a task to this event, it basically walks you through an if-then scenario of if this event gets logged trigger this program and allows you to browse to c:\program files\pdanet for android\pdanetpc.exe which going through the rest of the steps basically if the usb connection drops it will like I did from dos run the client while it is running on the taskbar and should reconnect itself. I'll let you know, I'm going to go down load 3 5Gig xbox games and should the pdanet drop it should should theoretically reconnect through the triggered event.

I hope this works and helps anyone out there as the faq's on pdanet+'s website are scarce, but this should without buying extra software or writing some powershel script and creating events to check for internet automatically restart the connection.....