PdaNet keeps disconnecting!!!!!!

Neko

Reaction score
PdaNet keeps disconnecting on me every 10 min or so. All is updated, I cant figure this out.

Anybody having trouble with PdaNet? (Free)

xxwabbit

Reaction score
Have you rooted your phone? I bought the full version before I rooted and it worked well. Then I rooted with DM 1.0 and it would hook up fine. But after about 5 or so minutes it would drop. Now I have wifi. I know I haven't been much help, but I'm curious if you find a solution.

OP
Neko

Neko

Reaction score
Have you rooted your phone? I bought the full version before I rooted and it worked well. Then I rooted with DM 1.0 and it would hook up fine. But after about 5 or so minutes it would drop. Now I have wifi. I know I haven't been much help, but I'm curious if you find a solution.

No not rooted ( Im a scared :icon_eek:)

I would use my WIFI but I dont because I have ( limited satellite bandwidth )
Thanks for helping :icon_ banana:

Last edited:

davoz28

Reaction score
Im having the same problem. Hell i barely could get on long enough to reply. But EUREKA! Seems like when I turned my wireless detect off my laptop no more disconnects. Maybe this will work for you too. It would randomly disconnect every few minutes until I turned wireless off.

mbuckey

Reaction score
What is rooting? I have a problem that happens about every 5 minutes too. Sorry for threadjacking. Its like there is no information being sent or received although it shows its connected.

Thanks, buck
Posted from Droid Pro

Mont

Reaction score
I having the same problem. Im trying to download a torrent until my USB wireless adapter gets here in mail but it keeps disconnecting after about an hour.

Im going to try the other one, I believe its called Easy Tether.

And to think, I swear I was only a password away from buying the full version through pay pal. But since im not going to secured sites and just using the interent I felt I didn't need to. But I still was thinking about it for future case scenarios it is only a one time payment and now its only 16 dollars

JoeySchmoey

Reaction score
The problem is your usb cable

I have read about this problem on many websites while trying to diagnose it. The solution is to replace your USB cable. Even "sturdy" new USB cables can be garbage. For instance I recently bought a used galaxy nexus and they gave me a new quality looking cable with it. After a week of use I began getting the common PDAnet disconnection problems. When I went back to my original cable the issue was solved 100%.

Originally when I first had the problem with PDAnet I went through 3 other USB cables and only 1 was good enough to use. My theory is that they are mass produced, even the "good" ones, with very thin wire and just one tiny break or short for a brief period of time will cause the connection to drop.

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-T999L)
It's been several years since this original post, however the issue is still at play. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 on Tmobile prepay 4GLTE. And it disconnects from PdaNet+ every minute or so. I've been interfacing with customer care at the app to troubleshoot this. I don't think enough of us have been tenacious enough about bringing it to their attention and dedicated to a fix. I'd like to hear from anyone else having this problem so that I can better relay to them the frequency with which this is happening. The folks at customer care have been very responsive and I have appreciated it. Let's get this taken care if, once and for all. Thanks.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
You might try upgrading to FoxFi....I believe FoxFi bought out PdaNet some time ago. FoxFi has worked great for me on my S3 & S5. (I'm surprised cust care didn't mention that to you)
Good luck & welcome to the forum!

tap'n on my S5

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Thanks! It may be Foxfi I'm talking to. My icon is the PDANET icon that I click to open but I have BOTH programs installed. Which do you click to open the program? I think I bought PDANET and then upgraded and had to install Foxfi.

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Dear All,

Many of us use this terrific so to teather computer to unlimited data on our cell phone. But it seems that certain phones (or is it the provider or version of Android?) have problems disconnecting from it. Let me give you an example. My LG Optimums L7, also on Tmobile, running Android 4.2 on 4G stays connected and runs great. However, this Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.3 running 4LGTE. Interestingly, if I change settings to 4G,it disconnects less frequently but enough to cripple it. I'd love a fix AND feedback from anyone else having connection issues so I can forward to customer care along with my own troubleshooting. Thanks!

lyrictenor1

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem. Stock Note 3 connecting to a Mac running Snow Leopard.
It's been several years since this original post, however the issue is still at play. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 on Tmobile prepay 4GLTE. And it disconnects from PdaNet+ every minute or so. I've been interfacing with customer care at the app to troubleshoot this. I don't think enough of us have been tenacious enough about bringing it to their attention and dedicated to a fix. I'd like to hear from anyone else having this problem so that I can better relay to them the frequency with which this is happening. The folks at customer care have been very responsive and I have appreciated it. Let's get this taken care if, once and for all. Thanks.

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Lyric, thanks for checking in. I am going to ask you and future pilasters to tell me what version of Android they are running and whether on 4g or 4glte. I have this sneaking suspicion it my be the version of Android. Oh, also request posting name of service provider. Thanks! Am going to refer June Fabrics to this thread, as well.

LightRadiant

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
There is a known issue with 4.4 across the board. Having said that, try an experiment. Change your phone network setting to use 4g, rather than 4glte, and see if it disconnects less frequently. But they have announced Kit Kat as being incompatible.