1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PdaNet keeps disconnecting!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Neko, Mar 14, 2010.

1. Neko

Neko New Member

PdaNet keeps disconnecting on me every 10 min or so. All is updated, I cant figure this out.

Anybody having trouble with PdaNet? (Free)
  2. xxwabbit

xxwabbit Member

Have you rooted your phone? I bought the full version before I rooted and it worked well. Then I rooted with DM 1.0 and it would hook up fine. But after about 5 or so minutes it would drop. Now I have wifi. I know I haven't been much help, but I'm curious if you find a solution.
  3. Neko

Neko New Member

No not rooted ( Im a scared :icon_eek:)

I would use my WIFI but I dont because I have ( limited satellite bandwidth )
    Thanks for helping :icon_ banana:
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2010
  4. davoz28

davoz28 New Member

Im having the same problem. Hell i barely could get on long enough to reply. But EUREKA! Seems like when I turned my wireless detect off my laptop no more disconnects. Maybe this will work for you too. It would randomly disconnect every few minutes until I turned wireless off.
  5. mbuckey

mbuckey New Member

What is rooting? I have a problem that happens about every 5 minutes too. Sorry for threadjacking. Its like there is no information being sent or received although it shows its connected.

Thanks, buck
    Posted from Droid Pro
  6. Mont

Mont New Member

I having the same problem. Im trying to download a torrent until my USB wireless adapter gets here in mail but it keeps disconnecting after about an hour.

Im going to try the other one, I believe its called Easy Tether.

And to think, I swear I was only a password away from buying the full version through pay pal. But since im not going to secured sites and just using the interent I felt I didn't need to. But I still was thinking about it for future case scenarios it is only a one time payment and now its only 16 dollars
  7. JoeySchmoey

JoeySchmoey New Member

The problem is your usb cable

I have read about this problem on many websites while trying to diagnose it. The solution is to replace your USB cable. Even "sturdy" new USB cables can be garbage. For instance I recently bought a used galaxy nexus and they gave me a new quality looking cable with it. After a week of use I began getting the common PDAnet disconnection problems. When I went back to my original cable the issue was solved 100%.

Originally when I first had the problem with PDAnet I went through 3 other USB cables and only 1 was good enough to use. My theory is that they are mass produced, even the "good" ones, with very thin wire and just one tiny break or short for a brief period of time will cause the connection to drop.
Search tags for this page
how to keep pdanet from disconnecting
how to stop pdanet from disconnecting
pdanet constantly disconnecting

pdanet disconnects

pdanet disconnects during downloading
pdanet drops connection

pdanet keeps disconnecting

pdanet keeps disconnecting android
pdanet keeps dropping
pdanet keeps dropping connection
pdanet keeps losing connection