1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

PDAnet Issue

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by New2u, Apr 13, 2010.

1. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

I seem to be having a crazy issue with PDAnet, i can connect just fine, sometimes it's like a minute, sometimes it takes awhile but i get the following error, i've check google and only 1 other site seems to come up with it, but i've tried what they said to do and it didn't work. Which was to make sure that the SDcard was synced just in case, which they had an autosync .apk which works fine. Though no difference in the situation. It returns the following error:

Abnormal Disconnect: Read Header Returned Error (Code:31)

I have to completely get out of the program on my computer and get back into it or it locks the program up if i try to reconnect until i remove the USB cable, then gives me a c++ runtime library error. I have tried to reinstall the PDAnet version on my laptop, but gives me the same results.

EDITED: So far after the reinstall i don't get the runtime error anymore, but i still get the same disconnect.
  2. New2u

New2u Super Moderator

OK so i found out what the problem was. The problem was a not so good USB cord. I had gotten 2 extra micro usb cords to use in my office and to have an extra if i needed it, and it was not as good quality as the cord that VZW gives you.

When using the micro usb cord given to you when you buy it, it works 100% of the time, when using the cord i had gotten as an extra it would only work about 10% of the time and even then it would only last about 10 minutes tops. So if anyone here runs into that issue, make sure you are trying it with the cord you get from VZW and MOTO.