PdaNet/FoxFi and the Galaxy S4

Cinoib

Reaction score
The answer is yes, you can use your mother's line to upgrade to a new phone. After that just switch her new phone to your number and she can have her old phone back. That's how I got my S4 upgrade. I use my fathers line for upgrade. I have unlimited data and under a family plan with four lines to play with.

Has anyone used Portable Wifi (Google Play)?

I put it on my Verizon S4 and it works just fine (not yet rooted either...).

docdg

Reaction score
Apologies if this is old news - it's an old thread - but it was new to me and perhaps a lot of other folks who just upgraded to the Galaxy S4 on Sprint (free at Best Buy).

I couldn't get FoxFi/PdaNet+ to work on the new phone despite a fresh install of the software (using a Mac running OS X 10.7.5, and the phone is running Android 4.3). I read through this thread but didn't see an answer. Was about to give up when I noticed that there is a toggle for USB Tethering in Settings/More Networks/Tethering. Once this is set and the phone is connected by USB, PdaNet will work. The first time you try to connect with PdaNet you get a message on the phone requesting permission. Answer yes, always and hit connect again on the computer and you should be good to go.

brobox

Reaction score
I just re-installed Foxfi on my new GS4 and it's working perfect. No questions asked who I was and if I had paid. Just enetered my WPA password into the new the new phone and away it went. Your connecting devices do need to be changed from WAP to WAP2 or they will not work. I found that out the hard way last time.