PdaNet/FoxFi and the Galaxy S4

droidworld

Reaction score
And it works on the Note 2 as well. You could also try Elixir widgets as that works on the Note 2 and S3 also.

I will look into those as well thanks. I'll wait to hear feedback first before buying the phone

jseah

Reaction score
I will look into those as well thanks. I'll wait to hear feedback first before buying the phone

I plan on getting the S4 for my daughter next week when it is in store, so I will check to see if it works.

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
All you guys getting the VZW version now, please let us know if FoxFi/PDANet works on the GS4. Thanks

DevonM

Reaction score
All you guys getting the VZW version now, please let us know if FoxFi/PDANet works on the GS4. Thanks

I just downloaded PDANet+ and turned on WiFi mode, set a password, and with my Droid 3 with no SIM in airplane mode, connected to it and did a speed test with the speedtest.net app. Got 20 something down and like 8 up.
Looks like it works! That's pretty awesome, I hope it stays that way.

I didn't do any thorough testing to see if I could load anything cause the old phone is a piece of crap and I just wanted to turn it back off as soon as possible.

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I've never used FoxFi until tonight since I've always used the Wireless Tether for Root Users but since my S4 isn't rooted yet, I gave FoxFi a try.

Downloaded, installed it and ran it. Changed SSID to "wicked android" gave it a password and then connected my Nexus 7 tablet to it with no problem whats so ever.

My S4:

Y0gH3t9.png

My Nexus 7:

Z3o3xUm.png

Speed test result on the Nexus 7 while connected to my S4:

DJRNDcw.jpg

So FoxFi worked on my S4 with no hiccup.

DevonM

Reaction score
Curious, any idea whether WiFi or Bluetooth would be a better tethering option for two phones? I'd imagine they use different amounts of power, and have different ranges and latency.
What would be better for close range, long duration use?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Curious, any idea whether WiFi or Bluetooth would be a better tethering option for two phones? I'd imagine they use different amounts of power, and have different ranges and latency.
What would be better for close range, long duration use?

Not sure to be honest. I have never used bluetooth tether before. I have always used wireless tether app on previous phones...

jacobbones

Reaction score
Thank you wicked, I have been waiting to learn if foxfi works or not before I ordered it.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
I think it would be good to note here that Wicked's FoxFi did work and that he is on Verizon in case those that are saying it's not working are on another carrier,

droidworld

Reaction score
Great point. Tested on Verizon

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's the news I was hoping for about FoxFi.

urklegrue

Reaction score
I am on Verizon and tried Foxfi this morning and it did open up the Verizon hotspot app when I turned it on. Did I do something wrong? I hope I don't get charged for those two seconds.