PDAir Vertical Pouch (w/clip)

yoopermjm

Reaction score
I have not tried it, I too like a vertical holster, but this one doesn't look good to me for two reasons:
1. The belt clip doesn't swivel.
2. There is no closing flap.

If you ever see a vertical holster that does those two and does not have a magnet, let me know! I'm using an old palm case that I cut the magnets out of and glued velcro to. It works well but I'm always looking for a good vertical holster. One more flaw in this case for my money is that the clip doesn't have a hard to remove tab on the bottom which would make it harder to fall off your belt.

OP
R

radioz

Reaction score
I'm not sure how I feel about a swivel. I guess it depends on how tight the clip holds on to my belt. I've had Ipod cases with a swivel, and although the swivelling itself was helpful, the extra thickness it added to the case made it hang out from my body too far. I would end up snagging it occasionally. Not something I want to do with my Droid.

I haven't picked up a holster yet because I haven't found anything that looks right to me. In the mean time, I'm using an ugly holster I modified by cutting off the magnetic flap. It was a NiteIze holster for my older cell phone that just fits the body of the Droid (width and thickness). It is too short for the Droid (about 1 1/4" sticks out the top). I do find I like the open-top holster approach. I can reach down and grab it without having to peel open a noisy velcro closure.

Carrying it open-top wouldn't work if you live in a dirty/dusty environment. It would need some protection.

The PDAir holster looks like it might work for me though.

wats6831

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this one? PDair Black Leather Vertical Pouch for Motorola Droid

I need a holster for my Droid and have not found any reviews of this one. How does it ride on your belt? How tightly does the phone fit in the case? Does it seem protected?

Thanks for the help.

I got one and I really like it. I put it in my front pocket. It fits the phone very snug, but not so snug that I can't pull it out with one hand. It has quality construction, and does pad the phone pretty well. You won't have to worry about a crunched corner while it's in this case. Overall I'm pretty happy with it.

The obvious con would be you can't see the green light. but you can plug in headphones and manipulate the volume.