pda net no longer free w/in the last 3 weeks?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid' started by otter34, Aug 23, 2010.

1. otter34

otter34 New Member

D1, rooted w/ Lithium mod. Just a few weeks ago I was using pdanet without a problem. Today I tried and it says that secure sites require me to register to use the service. I keep getting a popup. Did something change? I have version 2.42. If there is still a free version please send me the link because I can't find it.

I am connected to my hotel's wireless but do not have a wireless card so I can't use it. I tried using the tether in Lithium mod, but that doesn't work. Suggestions?
  2. pudah

pudah New Member

PDANet has had a pay feature for secure sites as long as I've known. You have to either pay or not go to those sites. There are alternatives to PDANet too.
  3. otter34

otter34 New Member

I remember that too. I thought it started out free, then went to pay and then back to free? I might be wrong. All I know is that I had no problems a couple weeks back after reinstalling the software. I used it for a few days and tried firing it up today and it is no longer free. I'm rooted, but can't get the tether to work. At least I can browse this site :)
  4. tcrews

tcrews Premium Member Premium Member Developer

PDAnet has always been free for non-secure sites. It has always been paid for secure (https:) sites.

I do not recall it ever being completely free.
Search tags for this page
how to by pass paying for pdanet
how to bypass pdanet https block
is pdanet is free net or not
pda net bypass solution
pda no secure websites
pdanet bi longer free
pdanet bypass pay

pdanet no longer free